none
how to create an exe file in vb.net 2005

Question

• how to create an exe file in vb.net 2005. i need to run this exe file into another system. is this possible. I created an exe file and shortcut also. but now i want to run that exe file with database into another client system. In client system, it does not installed .NET2005 and SQL 2000. HELP ME
    Nithiyanantham
    • Moved by edhickey Tuesday, August 09, 2011 1:38 PM (From:.NET 3.0/3.5 Windows Workflow Foundation)
    Tuesday, August 09, 2011 6:06 AM

Answers

•  

HiNithiyanantham,

Welcome to MSDN forums!

How to create an exe file in vb.net 2005.

Just create a new Windows Forms Application project and then Build it to generate an .exe file, or publish it as installer file (Setup.exe).

i need to run this exe file into another system. is this possible. I created an exe file and shortcut also. but now i want to run that exe file with database into another client system. In client system, it does not installed .NET2005 and SQL 2000.

If you want to make a .NET application and run it at another machine, it's dependent upon .NET Framework being installed on the target machine. Because .NET Framework supplies the running environment for the .NET application.

If you want to make an application that is not dependent upon .NET Framework, you should avoid using managed languages. Instead using VC++ or Visual Basic 6.0 (that is unmanaged languages).

Case Study: Can I make an application work without .NET Framework?
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/Vsexpressvb/thread/00617925-109a-44fb-b031-23152294cae3

Visual Studio ClickOnce Deployment can publish your application with .Net Framework and some files (e.g. dll, database file, Text file, etc.) to target machines

FAQ: How do I publish-deploy the WinForms application including a database file via ClickOnce

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbgeneral/thread/ac6db89a-67c1-4c67-86f6-f405431d6cdd

Thanks for your active participation.

Martin Xie [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Proposed as answer by Dylan-Meeus Friday, August 12, 2011 12:57 AM
    • Marked as answer by Nithiyanantham Friday, August 12, 2011 8:18 AM
    Wednesday, August 10, 2011 7:16 AM

All replies