none
Visual Studio 2013: MSVCP110d.dll is missing

Question

•  I downloaded VS 2013 on my computer after uninstalling VS2012.

I started the program my VS 2013 project, the result is that after SEVERAL attempts (DLL relocation, re-download VS2013, etc ...)

I still have the same problem => MSVCP110d.dll is missing

Do you have a solution?

all help will be appreciated!

thanks in advance

Monday, November 18, 2013 9:45 PM

Answers

• I have recompiler the library with VS 2013
    in which is solved my problem

Kr

Monday, November 25, 2013 12:47 PM
  • Hi,

Welcome to MSDN.

In order to clarify this issue, would you mind sharing more information with us?

I downloaded VS 2013 on my computer after uninstalling VS2012.

I started the program my VS 2013 project, the result is that after SEVERAL attempts (DLL relocation, re-download VS2013, etc ...)

According to these words above, do you mean that you uninstalled VS2012 and installed VS2013 then create a C++ project, and it has this error below?

The program can't start because MSVCP110D.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

And the project has the same error after you uninstalled and re-installed VS2013?

If I misunderstood you, please feel free to let me know.

In order to make sure whether it is relate to your Visual Studio, you could create a simple sample to test.

If that sample works fine, it seems that this issue may be relate to your project.

First, I suggest you make sure that whether your application use other libraries that were perhaps compiled in debug mode with VS2012, since each version of Visual Studio has its own runtime/CRT, these DLL files compiled in debug mode with VS2012 will be depended on the VS2012 runtime and they will not use VS2013 runtime.

I find some similar threads, the suggestion of this link is to recompile all of your code and dependent libraries/dlls with the same compiler. If possible, you could also check these suggestions in this link.

If you have any concern, please feel free to let me know.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 7:16 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Welcome to MSDN.

In order to clarify this issue, would you mind sharing more information with us?

I downloaded VS 2013 on my computer after uninstalling VS2012.

According to these words above, do you mean that you uninstalled VS2012 and installed VS2013 then create a C++ project, and it has this error below?

The program can't start because MSVCP110D.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

And the project has the same error after you uninstalled and re-installed VS2013?

If I misunderstood you, please feel free to let me know.

In order to make sure whether it is relate to your Visual Studio, you could create a simple sample to test.

If that sample works fine, it seems that this issue may be relate to your project.

First, I suggest you make sure that whether your application use other libraries that were perhaps compiled in debug mode with VS2012, since each version of Visual Studio has its own runtime/CRT, these DLL files compiled in debug mode with VS2012 will be depended on the VS2012 runtime and they will not use VS2013 runtime.

I find some similar threads, the suggestion of this link is to recompile all of your code and dependent libraries/dlls with the same compiler. If possible, you could also check these suggestions in this link.

If you have any concern, please feel free to let me know.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 7:16 AM
  • hello

thanks in advance for your help !

And the project has the same error after you uninstalled and re-installed VS2013? => YES

I tested the logiciel with "hello world",  and it well works.

I re-write the program  (Opencv 2.4.5)  => Resultat , the same problems.

I follow yours advice.  

I will recompile Opencv with VS 2013.

if it works, I will inform you

Thanks

Kind regards

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 8:22 PM
  • I have recompiler the library with VS 2013
    in which is solved my problem

Kr

Monday, November 25, 2013 12:47 PM
  • @Cordierbel:

I am also facing same problem nor but I dont know how to recompile the openCV. I am using v2.4.8.

Can you Please tell me how can I build the openCV 2.4.8 with VS 2013???

Do I need to download the code and compile it or can I compile it from the installed directory??

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 9:44 PM
  • hi,

the easiest is to make a copy of the DLL and  add the DLL in the folder of your project. That's what I did.

But after, you will have another problem with other DLL.

the better is  to use an anterior version of VS.

And you will have not more problem.

if you have any question, let me know.
    Thursday, February 27, 2014 8:47 PM
  • I have some problem. I use VS 2013 and open cv 2.4.8. I search MSVCP110d.dll but it is not exist. PLS somebody help me :(
    Monday, March 31, 2014 12:20 PM