none
System Error &H80041feb&

Question

• I had a blue screen of death while debugging my program and, after rebooting and restarting MS Visual Basic 2010 Express, I tried to reopen my main source file but got this error:

Error 1 Unable to open module file 'C:\Users\Brad Slaker\Desktop\NCLOMS\Rev1\Software\Visual Basic\SimOx Ver 3\SimOx.vb': System Error &H80041feb& C:\Users\Brad Slaker\Desktop\NCLOMS\Rev1\Software\Visual Basic\SimOx Ver 3\SimOx.vb 1 1 SimOx

I am unable to access my code within my source file (SimOx.vb). Does anyone know a way I can retrieve my source code? Thanks.

Friday, August 12, 2011 7:22 PM

All replies

• Also, when I just double click on the SimOx.vb file I get a windows message box that says

"There is no editor available for 'C:\Users\Brad Slaker\Desktop\NCLOMS\Rev1\Software\Visual Basic\SimOx Ver 3\SimOx.vb' 

Make sure the application for the file type (.vb) is installed."

I reinstalled MS Visual Basic 2010 Express and it didn't make a difference. I'm not a pro at this compiler so even a thought would be of great help. Thanks.

Friday, August 12, 2011 8:14 PM
  • Did u check this post  http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/eu/vbide/thread/abb9f371-f345-46f5-b4c0-df0771186d16

Do you have a similar case?

Ali Hamdar (alihamdar.com - www.ids.com.lb)

I did read that post. The main difference in my case is that when I try to open the .vb file in notepad++, all that seems to be there is a long string of NUL characters. I cannot view the source code at all. Is it possible that the file became corrupt when I got the blue screen of death?

According to my file browser, the size of the .vb file is almost 12 KB. Perhaps there another editor I could/should try to access the code?
    • Edited by willcharlton Friday, August 12, 2011 9:49 PM Additional information.
    Friday, August 12, 2011 9:46 PM
  • Did u check this post  http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/eu/vbide/thread/abb9f371-f345-46f5-b4c0-df0771186d16

Do you have a similar case?

Ali Hamdar (alihamdar.com - www.ids.com.lb)

I did read that post. The main difference in my case is that when I try to open the .vb file in notepad++, all that seems to be there is a long string of NUL characters. I cannot view the source code at all. Is it possible that the file became corrupt when I got the blue screen of death?

According to my file browser, the size of the .vb file is almost 12 KB. Perhaps there another editor I could/should try to access the code?

Hi Willcharlton,

Welcome to the MSDN Forum.

How about open it by notepad?

What extension is the file? I suggest you uncheck the "hide extensions for known file types" item in File Options. Generally, you will lost your changes if you didn't save the source file, but it should still be readable and it is still a text file.

If the notepad cannot open it correctly, you can check whether the file is the source file or not. If it is, that means your source file is broken, please rewrite it. If not, please try to find the source code file.

Best regards,

Mike Feng [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 7:57 AM
  • I Guess i have found a simple breakout of this problem . 

Open the <Form>.vb file using notepad

Delete all the text lines by pressing Ctrl+A and Del

Now Save the file and try opening the <Form>.vb file again .

But , I found that you will loose all the code but not the Designer

It is beacouse your Computer frooze while you were debugging or Editing the code

It worked for me beacouse my designer was more important than the code i typed .

It took a month to design that single form but just a week to write code to that form which was only 10 % complete and i still remember the codes i typed . :) 

Thursday, October 11, 2012 11:36 AM