none
.NET framework 3.5 & windows 7

Question

• how is .NET Framework installed on Windows 7??

is it already installed???

does it just need to be turned on??
    Monday, November 30, 2009 10:55 PM

Answers

• Hi RockinRon399,

Thank you for your post.

For Windows 7, it includes the .NET Framework 3.5.1 as an OS component. This means you will get the .NET Framework 2.0 SP2, 3.0 SP2 and 3.5 SP1 plus a few post 3.5 SP1 bug fixes if you have installed Windows 7. Thus, you don't need to manually install .NET 3.5 with SP1. We can add or remove the feature of 3.5 with SP1 via the Programs and Features control panel.

I'm not quite familiar with your program. However, to make one application run on one target machine, at least, we need target .NET Framework to be well installed on the machine. To verify whether .NET Frameworks are well installed, we can utilize this Verification Tool to verify .NET Framework 2.0 SP2, 3.0 SP2 and 3.5 SP1. Please check "Current status" to know the result of verification - success or failed.

If your application is based on .NET 3.5 and .NET 3.5 is well installed, it should work on x64 Windows 7 machine.

Hope this helps! If you have any concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Tuesday, December 08, 2009 4:17 AM
    Wednesday, December 02, 2009 6:49 AM

All replies

• how is .NET Framework installed on Windows 7??
    You can install framework 3.0 on Control Panel
    If need install 3.5.You must download 3.5 ,then install it.That is OK
    is it already installed???
    already install 3.0

Tuesday, December 01, 2009 6:21 AM
  • I just found out that the computer in question is a 64 BIT.  it does have .NET 3.5 installed.

will my program work on a 64 bit computer???

Tuesday, December 01, 2009 9:22 PM
  • Hi RockinRon399,

Thank you for your post.

For Windows 7, it includes the .NET Framework 3.5.1 as an OS component. This means you will get the .NET Framework 2.0 SP2, 3.0 SP2 and 3.5 SP1 plus a few post 3.5 SP1 bug fixes if you have installed Windows 7. Thus, you don't need to manually install .NET 3.5 with SP1. We can add or remove the feature of 3.5 with SP1 via the Programs and Features control panel.

I'm not quite familiar with your program. However, to make one application run on one target machine, at least, we need target .NET Framework to be well installed on the machine. To verify whether .NET Frameworks are well installed, we can utilize this Verification Tool to verify .NET Framework 2.0 SP2, 3.0 SP2 and 3.5 SP1. Please check "Current status" to know the result of verification - success or failed.

If your application is based on .NET 3.5 and .NET 3.5 is well installed, it should work on x64 Windows 7 machine.

Hope this helps! If you have any concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Tuesday, December 08, 2009 4:17 AM
    Wednesday, December 02, 2009 6:49 AM
  • the verification tool will not work, there is no response when I tried to run it.

Tuesday, December 08, 2009 8:57 AM
  • Hi RockinRon399,

Thank you for your reply.

I can run the Verification Tool on my x64 Windows 7 machine. What do you mean "there is no response when I tried to run it"?

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Tuesday, December 08, 2009 9:01 AM
  • the mouse pointer turned into an hourglass briefly then that was all.

Tuesday, December 08, 2009 9:02 AM
  • Good Job Thank You
    Saturday, November 06, 2010 3:39 AM
  • hi there,

what is the actual version of NET framwork in Win7 ?

- isn't it version 4 and should it not have all the previous upgrades included ?

thanks for your answer in advance
    cheers from spain...
    Tuesday, November 16, 2010 7:34 AM
  • @YiChun Chen

So .Net v4 cannot be installed on Windows 7? I tried and after it installed I ran the verification tool but it failed. When I looked at the log it says that there are a few files not installed and the final process of running this 'Netfx40TestApplication.exe' failed and returned a code of -2146232576. I am running Win7 x64.

Thanks for the help.

Also I have tried multiple times to repair the .Net v4 install and it says it completes it but still I get the same results from the verification tool. It won't give me an option to install just repair or remove. Do you think if I uninstalled and reinstalled it would fix my issue?
    Friday, March 18, 2011 10:50 PM