none
SDK drops out of debugging mode

Question

• When I try to test an application in Windows 8 (via F5 command), any errors that come up in the console are only shown for about 5 seconds before it drops back and I can't see them anymore (it just reverts to "The program '[6932] WWAHost.exe' has exited with code 1 (0x1).".  How do I get these error reports to remain visible in the console?  
    Friday, February 01, 2013 2:29 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

If you want to debug your app, I suggest you add the breakpoint, and then debug it again.

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Sunday, February 03, 2013 8:37 AM
  • Tried setting a breakpoint, same thing happened.  Maybe I didn't do a good job explaining my problem - here's a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VAkIBsEt4U&feature=youtu.be

Note that the output from the debugger simply disappears of its own accord - this makes it extremely difficult to debug anything, because I have no record of what's going wrong; just what I can read and memorize in the several seconds before it disappears. I just want the error notifications to stay put so I can read the damned things.

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 8:45 PM
  • Hi,

Does the breakpoint get hit when you debug it? If not, I’m afraid that it has been failed before it reached to the breakpoint. Maybe you could check the symbols loaded. How about debugging it with Step Into (F10)?

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, February 28, 2013 10:02 AM
  • Thanks Jack.  I've realized that the errors I'm seeing are just formatting complaints by the debugger; nothing that actually crashes things.  When there's actual crash points it stays active.  
    Thursday, February 28, 2013 8:20 PM