none
How can I use Intel fortran with Visual studio?

Question

• I want to do some excercise in Intel fortran compiler and according to the Intel web page,
    I have to install Visual Studio before install fortran compiler.
    So I downloaded and installed Visual Studio 2010 and then installed Intel fortran compiler file, But It doesn't work T_T
    I can't make fortran project file and in Tools>Options , There's no menu of fortran.
    How can I do?? It doesn't work in this version? Please let me know how to solve this problem..
    Saturday, January 23, 2010 2:30 PM

Answers

• Hi Chocobbana,

Thank you for your post.

Some clarification with you:
    Do you want to apply Intel Fortran Compiler 11 with Visual Studio 2010?

Referring to your concern, for Intel Fortran Compiler 11, you can check the this helpful instruction of using Intel Visual Fortran Compiler 11, please see: http://cache-www.intel.com/cd/00/00/40/59/405976_405976.pdf or http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-fortran-compiler-for-windows-required-and-optional-microsoft-development-software/.
    It seems that Intel Fortran Compiler 11 is not supported for VS2010.

BTW, this forum is for the support of Visual Studio installation. For Intel Fortran Compiler, you could post your thread on Intel® Visual Fortran Compiler for Windows forum. You will get more useful help there.

Hope this helps. If you have any concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen

(This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.)
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Friday, January 29, 2010 2:34 AM
    Monday, January 25, 2010 10:40 AM