none
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException"

Question

• Under Solaris Sparc10 platform , Use TEE-CLC-11.0.0 command "tf get"to get code ,In the process of get code ,throw this error:Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException".

How to resolve this proplem?Thank you!

Error Detail:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
            at com.microsoft.tfs.core.clients.versioncontrol.internal.localworkspace.LocalDataAccessLayer.handleClientLocalVersionUpdate(LocalDataAccessLayer.java:4632)
            at com.microsoft.tfs.core.clients.versioncontrol.internal.localworkspace.LocalDataAccessLayer.updateLocalVersion(LocalDataAccessLayer.java:3918)
            at com.microsoft.tfs.core.clients.versioncontrol.UpdateLocalVersionQueue$5.invoke(UpdateLocalVersionQueue.java:848)
            at com.microsoft.tfs.core.clients.versioncontrol.internal.localworkspace.LocalWorkspaceTransaction.execute(LocalWorkspaceTransaction.java:602)
            at com.microsoft.tfs.core.clients.versioncontrol.UpdateLocalVersionQueue.sendToServer(UpdateLocalVersionQueue.java:825)
            at com.microsoft.tfs.core.clients.versioncontrol.UpdateLocalVersionQueue.flush(UpdateLocalVersionQueue.java:498)
            at com.microsoft.tfs.core.clients.versioncontrol.UpdateLocalVersionQueue.close(UpdateLocalVersionQueue.java:428)
            at com.microsoft.tfs.core.clients.versioncontrol.engines.internal.GetEngine.processOperations(GetEngine.java:1063)
            at com.microsoft.tfs.core.clients.versioncontrol.engines.internal.GetEngine.processGetOperations(GetEngine.java:784)
            at com.microsoft.tfs.core.clients.versioncontrol.soapextensions.Workspace.get(Workspace.java:2442)
            at com.microsoft.tfs.core.clients.versioncontrol.soapextensions.Workspace.get(Workspace.java:2320)
            at com.microsoft.tfs.core.clients.versioncontrol.soapextensions.Workspace.get(Workspace.java:2308)
            at com.microsoft.tfs.core.clients.versioncontrol.soapextensions.Workspace.get(Workspace.java:2284)
            at com.microsoft.tfs.client.clc.vc.commands.CommandGet.run(CommandGet.java:172)
            at com.microsoft.tfs.client.clc.Application.run(Application.java:301)
            at com.microsoft.tfs.client.clc.Application.run(Application.java:149)
            at com.microsoft.tfs.client.clc.vc.Main.main(Main.java:34)

Tuesday, January 08, 2013 8:54 AM

All replies

• Hi,

which release of TEE Command Line Client are you using, is it Team Explorer Everywhere 2012 Quarter Update1 or older ?

Thanks

Mireille

Tuesday, January 08, 2013 3:41 PM
  • HI, 

Team Explorer Everywhere 2012 ,Team Explorer Everywhere for TFS 2012 with Update 1.

The above two versions I tried,It is the same mistake,but use Team Explorer Everywhere 2010,There are no mistakes,It can get all code.

• Edited by tfsstart Wednesday, January 09, 2013 12:33 AM
    Wednesday, January 09, 2013 12:32 AM
  • Hi,

I could not a repro for that issue, I will try to investigate more and  get back to you. Meanwhile, you can work around the problem by using a server workspace instead of a local workspace.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Thanks

Mireille

Wednesday, January 09, 2013 2:52 PM
  • Hi,

I have some more questions for you, when you did the get, did you find any items got downloaded or nothing? have you tried doing a get for a different path? also could you please give me more detailed steps what did you do before the get?

Thanks

Mireille

Wednesday, January 09, 2013 6:26 PM
  • HI, Files can be downloaded from TFS Server, but In the process of download, suddenly throw the error. I tried doing a get for a different path,throw the same error.
    • Edited by tfsstart Thursday, January 10, 2013 8:24 AM
    Thursday, January 10, 2013 8:24 AM
  • Hi,

How about if you do a get for that one file, does this get still fails?

Thanks

Mireille

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 6:00 PM