none
Windows Service Giving Exception Faulting application error in event log

General discussion

• Hi all,

I have been experenting a problem with a windows service I have been implementing.

This web service works fine when debugging but when I install it, it gives me a error in the event log.

The error  is :

NET Runtime 2.0 Error Reporting

Faulting application scheduleservice.exe, version 1.0.0.0, stamp 4a0de721, faulting module kernel32.dll, version 5.1.2600.5781, stamp 49c4f482, debug? 0, fault address 0x00012afb.

The error handling wasnt even able to handle this for some reason.. any ideas?

Thanks from advance

Kevin P C
    • Changed type Harry Zhu Wednesday, May 20, 2009 8:13 AM
    Friday, May 15, 2009 3:29 PM

All replies

• Is it a web service or a windows service?  It could be any number of things.  Assuming you're properly trapping exceptions in your service, of course, I'd start by commenting out everything but the basic shell, then seeing if it faults on the install.  Then bring in the rest of course, a piece at a time.

Also, if you can post some code, it may help us to see what's going on.

Michael Asher
    Friday, May 15, 2009 3:43 PM
  • We are changing the issue type to “General Discussion” because you have not followed up with the necessary information. If you have more time to look at the issue and provide more information, please feel free to change the issue type back to “Question” by opening the Options list at the top of the post  window, and changing the type. If the issue is resolved, we will appreciate it if you can share the solution so that the answer can be found and used by other community members having similar questions.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Wednesday, May 20, 2009 8:13 AM