none
VB.NET 2003: Object must implement IConvertible Error...

Answers

• The problem is the choice of Database Column Data Type and the related examples.  The Data Type must be Image, but based on the examples which all worked with .JPG or .BMP and the Name Image (I inadvertently assumed that picture file types had their own database column data type).  The Image Data Type is a byte level Image of the File regardless the type.  Therefore when I changed the Column from NText to Image it worked like a champ.
    Friday, October 20, 2006 2:42 PM

All replies

• I think you'll need a serialized string of byte data instead of an array.  Basicly take the value of each byte and create a concatonated string...

Byte(0) = 255
    Byte(1) = 143
    Byte(2) = 45
    Byte(3) = 9
    Byte(4) = 214

Serialized into:  255143045009214

Not sure what the order should be or if you should use decimal, hex, or binary values, but the datatype of the SQL field is expecting a string of data...

Monday, October 16, 2006 9:20 PM
  • The problem is the choice of Database Column Data Type and the related examples.  The Data Type must be Image, but based on the examples which all worked with .JPG or .BMP and the Name Image (I inadvertently assumed that picture file types had their own database column data type).  The Image Data Type is a byte level Image of the File regardless the type.  Therefore when I changed the Column from NText to Image it worked like a champ.
    Friday, October 20, 2006 2:42 PM