Please download "VS2012.2.exe" from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=38188 to specific folder.
Open command window, and type "VS2012.2.exe /layout" which will Visual Studio 2012 Update 2 updater, specify local download location .
Regards, Vinod Shalgar Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help you.
The update is available as an web installer and hence you must have to download that installer to begin with the process. If you want an offline/standalone installer of it to install the same in multiple devices or a future installation without internet collection, you can create the offline installer very easily. Before that, download the web installer from the below link.
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 Update 2
- Microsoft Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2012
- Microsoft Visual Studio Team Foundation Server Express 2012
- IntelliTrace Collector for Visual Studio 2012
- Remote Tools for Visual Studio 2012
- Agents for Microsoft Visual Studio 2012
- Agents for Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 Language Pack
If you just want the update for the IDE, the first link mentioned above (Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 Update 2) is sufficient for you to download and install.
Once you have downloaded the web installer, open your Console (cmd.exe) in administrator mode (recommended) and navigate to the path where you downloaded the installer , in the console window, enter the following command “VS2012.2.exe /layout” and follow the steps to download the whole package from Internet to your local drive for an offline installation.
You can check more detail in this blog How to: Install Visual Studio 2012 Update 2 Offline , this should works(confirmed), if it fails, check your network environment. If you have other feedbacks/requirments, you can put your comments here: https://connect.microsoft.com/
- Edited by JennyLi-MSFT Wednesday, April 10, 2013 9:08 AM