none
how to install async CTP of visual studio

General discussion

• When i am trying to install cTp for async visual studio i got the error that could not load system.windows.input.focusnavigationdirection. now my visual studio and vwd both not worked. what i do to solve this.

i found that their is nothing shown for this installation in add or remove programms.

• Moved by edhickey Thursday, February 17, 2011 6:54 PM (From:.NET 4: Windows Workflow Foundation)
    Thursday, February 17, 2011 4:54 PM

All replies

• Hi anirugu,

Thank you for posting.

Based on your description, I downloaded Visual Studio Async CTP and installed it on my machine. Everything looks OK. I generated log file on my side, but I didn’t find any information that was related with system.windows.input.focusnavigationdirection. So it’s hard for me to provide more helpful suggestions to you now.

Could you please type this command like: C:\Users\v-xugong\Desktop\Async-CTP.exe /log <the save path of log file> to collect installation files to us? In addition, please use SkyDrive to share these in your reply.

If you have any finding, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Larcolais

Larcolais Gong[MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, February 18, 2011 6:11 AM
  • I have the same problem, basically while installing "Visual Studio Async CTP", I get this error:

Could not load type "System.Windows.Input.FocusNavigationDirection" from assembly 'WindowsBase, Version=4.0.0.0, culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad36e35' due to value type mismatch.

Then when I try to open VS 2010 I get the same error and VS is closed automatically.

I checked the log file and it says it was installed successfully !!!!

I looked to my GAC and WindowsBase assembly existing but version 3.0.0.0, I believe this is the problem, it looks like this CTP is looking for version 4, Am I correct ?

Thanks for your help

Robert

Technical Architect
    Friday, February 25, 2011 12:17 PM
  • the problem is that when i install CTP he asked for put DVD into Dvd drive. i think if i not put they automatically download from internet what thing they want so i cancel and my setup is failed.

next time visual studio not worked. now if i want to get my visual studio back. what thing i want to do to get my visual studio back.

Sunday, February 27, 2011 3:21 AM
  • I fixed my problem by running again VS setup and select " Repair option"
    Technical Architect
    Monday, February 28, 2011 7:52 AM
  • Any update?

Best Regards,

Larcolais

Larcolais Gong[MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, February 28, 2011 7:58 AM
  • "Visual Studio Async CTP" is not being installed due to error I mentioned above, I had to repair my VS by running VS2010 setup again.
    Technical Architect
    Monday, February 28, 2011 10:26 AM
  • It's great to see that you're interested in using the Visual Studio Async CTP!  I've never seen this error, could you provide more information about your configuration?  What versions & SKUs of Visual Studio do you have installed?  (Visual Studio Professional 2010?)  Also - what is your operating system, OS language, and VS language that you're using?  Did you see the "system.windows.input.focusnavigationdirection" error during install, or the first time you launched Visual Studio after installing the Async CTP?  Could you also provide the link you used for installing the Async CTP?

Thanks,

Pete Hauge [MSFT]

Thursday, March 03, 2011 11:30 PM
  • Pete,

The 'System.Windows.Input.FocusNavigationDirection' error does appear during install, and then again every time you launch visual studio.

I'm using Visual Studio Premium from an MSDN iso filename 'en_visual_studio_2010_premium_x86_dvd_509357.iso' on a Windows 7 Ultimate 64 OS. I can't get the repair to work yet to revert and get Visual Studio working again.

The specific error message that appears:

Could not load type 'System.Windows.Input.FocusNavigationDirection' from assembly 'WindowsBase, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' due to value type mismatch.

Ian.

Ian.
    Wednesday, March 23, 2011 7:23 PM