none
DataTrigger is not working

Question

• I am trying to create a generic style for textblocks that shows negative numeric values in red.  I was able to create a style that works with infragistics controls but I am unable to create a style that works with a textblock.

The following works fine:

<Style TargetType="{x:Type igEditors:XamNumericEditor}" x:Key="ShortNumericStyle">
            <Style.Triggers>
                <DataTrigger Binding="{Binding RelativeSource={RelativeSource Self}, Path=Value, 
                                Converter={StaticResource IsNegative}}" Value="True">
                    <Setter Property="Foreground" Value="Red"/>
                </DataTrigger>
            </Style.Triggers>
        </Style>

The following does not work:

<Style TargetType="{x:Type TextBlock}" x:Key="TextBlockNumberStyle">
            <Style.Triggers>
                <DataTrigger Binding="{Binding RelativeSource={RelativeSource Self}, Path=Text,
                                Converter={StaticResource IsNegative}}" Value="True">
                    <Setter Property="Foreground" Value="Red"/>
                </DataTrigger>
            </Style.Triggers>
            <Setter Property="HorizontalAlignment" Value="Right"></Setter>
        </Style>

Here is the host page:

The following works:

<igEditors:XamNumericEditor Value="{Binding /USD_Accrued_Int, Mode=TwoWay}" Style="{StaticResource ShortNumericStyle}">

</igEditors:XamNumericEditor>

The following does not work:

<TextBlock Text="{Binding /Dirty_Price, Mode=TwoWay, Converter={StaticResource NumberFormatConverter}, ConverterParameter='#,0.00'}" Style="{StaticResource TextBlockNumberStyle}"></TextBlock>

By the way I did read this post however I am defining my styles in an application-level resource dictionary so I am unable to bind to a data element property name as is shown in the answer to the post.

Monday, November 28, 2011 11:18 PM

Answers

• If you manually set

<TextBlock Text="True" 
                       Style="{StaticResource TextBlockNumberStyle}"></TextBlock>

and

<Style.Triggers>
                        <DataTrigger Binding="{Binding RelativeSource={RelativeSource Self}, Path=Text}" Value="True">

then you will know that the DataTrigger does really work.  So the problem could be inside the converter:

Converter={StaticResource IsNegative}

Could you please post the code for this converter?

Need translation help? I translate from English to Japanese and vice versa. Please feel free to contact me for your translation needs. 日英・英日翻訳依頼を受け付けています。 お気軽にご相談下さい。(Ldiary.com)
    • Marked as answer by SWheaties Tuesday, November 29, 2011 12:34 AM
    Monday, November 28, 2011 11:33 PM

All replies

• If you manually set

<TextBlock Text="True" 
                       Style="{StaticResource TextBlockNumberStyle}"></TextBlock>

and

<Style.Triggers>
                        <DataTrigger Binding="{Binding RelativeSource={RelativeSource Self}, Path=Text}" Value="True">

then you will know that the DataTrigger does really work.  So the problem could be inside the converter:

Converter={StaticResource IsNegative}

Could you please post the code for this converter?

Need translation help? I translate from English to Japanese and vice versa. Please feel free to contact me for your translation needs. 日英・英日翻訳依頼を受け付けています。 お気軽にご相談下さい。(Ldiary.com)
    • Marked as answer by SWheaties Tuesday, November 29, 2011 12:34 AM
    Monday, November 28, 2011 11:33 PM
  • Thank you Ldiary.  The converter was failing because negative values were enclosed by parenthisis.

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 12:33 AM