none
Problem with IIS hosted service

Question

• Hi everyone,

I have successfully created a service hosted in IIS 6. Everything wok fine with Anonymous access enable. I get the following error when I turn off anonymous access.

Failed Authenticate TestFacNet Test method TestFacNet.TestServiceAplicationFacNet.Authenticate threw exception: 
    System.ServiceModel.Security.MessageSecurityException: The HTTP request is unauthorized with client authentication scheme 'Anonymous'.
    The authentication header received from the server was 'Negotiate,NTLM'. --->  System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.. 

My client code look like this. I'm not using a config file on the client

EndpointAddress epr = new EndpointAddress("http://localhost/ApplicationFacNetWS/servicesecurite.svc");

WSHttpBinding binding = new WSHttpBinding();
    binding.Security.Transport.ClientCredentialType =
    HttpClientCredentialType.Ntlm;

ChannelFactory<IServiceSecurite> serviceFactory = new ChannelFactory<IServiceSecurite>(binding, epr);

serviceFactory.Credentials.Windows.ClientCredential = new System.Net.NetworkCredential("user","password","domain");

IServiceSecurite service = serviceFactory.CreateChannel();

service.CallService()

Web.config

<service name="ApplicationFacNet_Implementation.ServiceSecurite">

<endpoint binding="wsHttpBinding" contract="ApplicationFacNet.IServiceSecurite" />

</service>

What should I do to have this code working???

Thanks for your help.

Friday, March 03, 2006 9:56 PM

Answers

• Ok I have found the answer.

Using basicHttpBinding did it.

BasicHttpBinding binding = new BasicHttpBinding();

binding.Security.Mode = BasicHttpSecurityMode.TransportCredentialOnly;

binding.Security.Transport.ClientCredentialType = HttpClientCredentialType.Ntlm;

Saturday, March 04, 2006 3:15 AM

All replies

• Ok I have found the answer.

Using basicHttpBinding did it.

BasicHttpBinding binding = new BasicHttpBinding();

binding.Security.Mode = BasicHttpSecurityMode.TransportCredentialOnly;

binding.Security.Transport.ClientCredentialType = HttpClientCredentialType.Ntlm;

Saturday, March 04, 2006 3:15 AM
  • Hi Martin,

Thanks for your post and reply. I got the same exception and got it right after implementing what you have given. Thanks for your help!

Regards, Dhileep

Monday, January 08, 2007 6:02 AM
  •  

For me the following also needed to be done on the client side

<security mode="TransportCredentialOnly">

<transport clientCredentialType="Ntlm" />

</security>

Following post helped

http://geekswithblogs.net/socasanta/archive/2007/07/06/113725.aspx

Wednesday, August 06, 2008 9:57 PM
  • I found a different problem.  It turns out that I had the wrong user password in IIS for the directory security tab.  I allowed anonymous access, but I had the wrong password.  I also had the password NOT controlled by IIS so when I updated the password locally IIS could not update the password and thus fell behind and ding'd me with the error.
    Monday, August 31, 2009 11:09 PM