none
Error when trying to upload sample process template from Extending Team Project sample (TFS 2010 SDK)

Question

• Hi, I am trying to extend Team Project Creation Wizard inside TFS 2010 by following the steps mentioned here: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/jimlamb/archive/2010/02/26/extend-team-projects-and-team-explorer-in-tfs-2010.aspx

I am using Extending Team Project sample that i got from TFS SDK code gallery. When try to upload sample process template provided in the project into our TFS 2010 sandbox, I am facing this error:

2012-02-23T17:08:43 | Module: Engine | Thread: 8 | Starting process template validation
    2012-02-23T17:08:44 | Module: Engine | The user identity information was retrieved from the Group Security Service | Completion time: 1.8200364 seconds
    2012-02-23T17:08:44 | Module: Engine | Thread: 8 | Process template XML loaded
    2012-02-23T17:08:44 | Module: Engine | Thread: 8 | Starting process template validation
    ---begin Exception entry---
    Time: 2012-02-23T17:08:44
    Module: Template Importer
    Exception Message: TF30175: Process template validation failed (type ValidationFailedException)

Exception Stack Trace:    at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TeamFoundation.EngineStarter.ValidateTemplate(DirectoryInfo templateDirectory)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TeamFoundation.TemplateManagementService.ValidateMethodology(String folderPath, ILogHandler logHandler)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TeamFoundation.TemplateManagementService.Import(String folderPath, ILogHandler logHandler)

Inner Exception Details:

Exception Message: TF30279: Plug-in with ID "Sample PCW Plugin" of type "Project Creation Plugins" could not be loaded (type PluginNotFoundInCatalogException)

Exception Stack Trace:    at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Client.PluginHelper.ActivatePlugin[T](String type, String pluginId)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TeamFoundation.PcwPlugin.get_PluginImplementation()
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TeamFoundation.ProjectCreationEngine.GetProjectComponentInstance(Task task)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TeamFoundation.ProjectCreationEngine.GetShouldExecuteTask(Task task, IProjectComponentCreator& creator)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TeamFoundation.ProjectCreationEngine.PerformAllTasks(ITaskPerformer taskPerformer, ProjectCreationContext creationContext, List`1 projectTasks)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TeamFoundation.EngineStarter.RunEngine(Boolean isValidationRun, String templateFolder)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TeamFoundation.EngineStarter.ValidateTemplate(DirectoryInfo templateDirectory)

--- end Exception entry ---

Does anyone has any idea how to solve this? Do I need to change something at the server?

Many thanks

Ibrahim

Thursday, February 23, 2012 10:56 AM

Answers

• Ibrahim,

It looks that the Process Template was not updated to match the new name for the plugin created in the sample project.

You have to change the name of the plugin on two places:

1. In the ExtendingTeamProjects\SampleProcessTemplate\ProcessTemplate.xml change the

<plugin name="Sample PCW Plugin" wizardPage="true"/>

with

<plugin name="Sample Project Creation Wizard Plugin" wizardPage="true"/>

2. In the ExtendingTeamProjects\SampleProcessTemplate\PCWPluginsSample\PCWPluginsSampleTasks.xml change the

plugin="Sample PCW Plugin"

with

plugin="Sample Project Creation Wizard Plugin"

and just to be sure you have to run the Process Template Manager from the Experimental Visual Studio.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. --- Success, Damir

Thursday, February 23, 2012 1:27 PM

All replies

• Ibrahim,

It looks that the Process Template was not updated to match the new name for the plugin created in the sample project.

You have to change the name of the plugin on two places:

1. In the ExtendingTeamProjects\SampleProcessTemplate\ProcessTemplate.xml change the

<plugin name="Sample PCW Plugin" wizardPage="true"/>

with

<plugin name="Sample Project Creation Wizard Plugin" wizardPage="true"/>

2. In the ExtendingTeamProjects\SampleProcessTemplate\PCWPluginsSample\PCWPluginsSampleTasks.xml change the

plugin="Sample PCW Plugin"

with

plugin="Sample Project Creation Wizard Plugin"

and just to be sure you have to run the Process Template Manager from the Experimental Visual Studio.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. --- Success, Damir

Thursday, February 23, 2012 1:27 PM
  • Hi Damir,

Thanks for your help. I am able to upload the template now.

- Ibrahim -

Friday, February 24, 2012 1:52 AM