none
Lightswitch reporting

All replies

• as far as I know not, but take a look at devexpress it is cheap and very good

robert

Thursday, December 06, 2012 6:41 PM
  • Hi Rian,

me too is looking for a third party extension that could satisfy my reporting needs,  I have read almost every thread in the forum about reports and seems DevExpress is unanimously suggested.  Upon browsing at the Devexpress site, I understand that you need to acquire a subscription inorder to avail XtraRpeort for LS.  At a subscription cost of more or less a thousand dollar, that could mean a lot in our currency and considering that I am still a student, that is no cheap at all. 

KharolJ

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 4:08 AM
  • Hi,

I agree that the site is a confusing, but Xtra Reports for LightSwitch is a standalone product that is just $99. Go to this page:

http://www.devexpress.com/Products/NET/Reporting/lightswitch.xml

and click the "Subscribe" link. You will see the LS report software in the cart and a price of $99.

:-)

4tuneate

Thursday, December 27, 2012 2:31 AM
  • Not free, but cheaper than DevExpress.  My extension allows an SSRS report to be displayed embedded in a lightswitch application.  With certain setup steps, this can even be acheived with the application running within a browser.  Currently the purchase is for the VS 2010 version but I have a newer version for VS 2012 which I am offering free to customers until I get all of the marketing side squared away.  Please check here for a post on it.

Derek

Friday, January 04, 2013 10:13 PM
  • Is there a free lightswitch extension for reporting ?

Thanks

Hai

It depends on how complex your reports must be. The Office Integration Pack is a free extension that only requires you to have Office 2010 on your machine and that allows generating Word, PDF, and Excel documents.

This blog post by Beth Massi gives you an idea of what you can do, but you can find more search results on the Internet.

I would really not undervalue it.

Alessandro Del Sole
    Microsoft MVP - Visual Basic: development
    http://community.visual-basic.it/alessandro/

Saturday, January 12, 2013 5:06 PM