none
Visual Studio Premium 2012 free software asking for product key

Question

• I downloaded Visual Studio Premium 2012 from DreamSpark. It was supposed to be a free version. After some time I opened the software for a developers course I am doing and was presented with a screen informing me that the trial had expired and requesting a product key. I went to my DreamSpark account and retrieved the product key from there but apparently this key does not work. I emailed DreamSpark support and was asked to sent screengrabs and information to them only to be sent to this forum. That's support? I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and used up $80 worth of extra download data from my isp. Im a student and I can not afford to $80 but I was so desperate to get this software for my course that I did it.  I do not have credits for my phone and could not afford to be calling overseas. I would really appreciate some help. I am running Windows8 Professional. Pc config is an intel core i7 2600 cpu @ 3.40ghz 3.80 ghz. I have 8.00 gig of ram installed however only 3.48 is useable as I am running a 32 bit operating system, x64-based processor. The system has a gigabyte motherboard and a Nvidia Gforce  630 graphics card. Thanks
    Tuesday, May 14, 2013 10:38 PM

Answers

All replies

• in the first place u should noe that VS premium is not a freeware. why did u download it again and use extra 80$ of data?

next. u told us abt ur cpu specs. for wat reason?to show off?

if u need a vb only u can just go and download some visual basic express eddition. why do u need a full edition?

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 1:41 AM
  • CSNewbie,

at DreamSpark if you are a student you will get the VS premium for free.

Hannes

If you have got questions about this, just ask.

In a perfect world,
    users would never enter data in the wrong form,
    files they choose to open would always exist
    and code would never have bugs.

C# to VB.NET: http://www.developerfusion.com/tools/convert/csharp-to-vb/

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 1:57 AM