none
Alternating Row Style in a GridView

Question

• I am having trouble applying the alternate row style from my CSS to my gridview.  The GV seems to take on only the "RowStyle" attributes. I have even attempted to force the Alternate Row Style via the GridView Property window, AlternateRow Style.  I changed its color to a bright green which shows up in the CSS "example" window but not in the actual GridView.  Here is the CSS snippet:

.GridView
    {
      background-color: #EAEFF3;
      color: #000080;
      font-size: .8em;
      vertical-align: middle;
      text-align: center;
    }

• Moved by edhickeyModerator Friday, July 23, 2010 12:06 AM (From:.NET 3.0/3.5 Windows Workflow Foundation)
    • Moved by Harry Zhu Thursday, August 05, 2010 5:43 AM I'm moving the thread relating to asp.net. (From:Visual C# General)
    Thursday, July 22, 2010 8:36 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The question relating to CSS is beyond the scope of this forum, I suggest you post to: http://forums.asp.net/.

You will get better support by the experts there.

Best regards,

Harry Zhu- MSFT

MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum

If you have any feedback of our support, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Friday, July 23, 2010 3:20 AM
  • I use the GridView.AlternatingRowStyle property in my page's markup and it works just fine. There is not a problem with the GridView. Have you reviewed the example code for the AlternatingRowStyle property? Mine is quite simple but this works for me:

<asp:GridView...><br/>  <AlternatingRowStyle CssClass="altRow" /><br/></asp:GridView>

.altRow
    {
      background-color: #E0E0E0;
    }

• Proposed as answer by DK. Da Saturday, July 24, 2010 3:15 PM
    Friday, July 23, 2010 9:49 PM
  • I think that some parameter is over riding my style.  I will continue looking and am confident that I will find it.
    Saturday, July 24, 2010 12:49 PM