none
how to make WebService on Visual-studio 2012 ?

Question

• hi

how to make WebService on Visual-studio 2012 ?

i can't find it

thanks

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 7:15 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

did you read the documentation of the Windows Communication Foundation (WCF)?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd560536.aspx

With kind regards,

Konrad

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 7:24 PM
  • Hi E_gold,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN forum.

It seems that it is not the correct forum for this issue, since this forum is to discuss:

Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, Visual Studio Report Controls, and Visual Studio Editor.

Just to make this issue clearly, which kind of app are you developing? Like Konrad’s suggestion, do you mean that it is related to the WCF like this document? If so, you could check it, or you could post this issue to the Windows Communication Foundation, Serialization, and Networking forum.

If it is related to the ASP.net Web service, in Visual Studio, click File-> New-> Web Site. In the New Web Site dialog box, select .NET Framework 3.5 as the target framework, select Visual Basic/ Visual C# under Installed Templates, and then select the ASP.NET Web Service template. Of course, you could post this issue to http://forums.asp.net where asp.net experts live in, and there you would get dedicated support.

If I have misunderstood anything, please make free feel to let us know.

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 10:01 AM
  • Hi E_gold,

I am writing to check the status of the issue on your side. 

What about this problem now?

Would you mind letting us know the result of the suggestion?

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, February 25, 2013 4:22 AM
  • Solved, thanks
    Tuesday, February 26, 2013 5:59 AM
  • Hi E_gold,

Glad to see this issue has been resolved. Could you share us the solutions here? So it will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 6:16 AM
  • select .NET Framework 3.5 as the target framework
    Tuesday, February 26, 2013 6:37 AM
  • If it is related to the ASP.net Web service, in Visual Studio, click File-> New-> Web Site. In the New Web Site dialog box, select .NET Framework 3.5 as the target framework, select Visual Basic/ Visual C# under Installed Templates, and then select the ASP.NET Web Service template.

So my reply could resolve this issue, am I right? :)

I marked your reply as the answer.

Have a nice day,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 7:05 AM