none
People counting or Count how long a person stare at a computer easier?

Question

• Hi i'm doing a school project . My teacher gave me two choice counting the people who pass through the webcam (does not need to have face recognition) just counting how many people pass by the next alternative is to count how long a person stare at a computer which also using a webcam to detect. 
    Tuesday, March 13, 2012 2:25 PM

All replies

• I hope you enjoy implementing your project and that you are able to learn a lot from it.

Since this is not a question, and you do not have any specific issues or problems (or none that you've mentioned) you should probably change this thread to a discussion type.

• Proposed as answer by Padma Lahore Tuesday, March 13, 2012 2:41 PM
    Tuesday, March 13, 2012 2:30 PM
  • Oh sorry .  Cause im having problem with it, i couldn't find a software for body detection.  so if i wanted to do a people counting i need to first find a SDK that can work for body detection right?
    Tuesday, March 13, 2012 2:37 PM
  • It would be great if you find such a software but to start you can try to do it yourself.

For example http://code.google.com/p/aforge/ 
    Especially the Aforge.Video

With that you can easily connect to any type of camera and the regonization should be possible to solve

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 2:47 PM
  • Oh sorry .  Cause im having problem with it, i couldn't find a software for body detection.  so if i wanted to do a people counting i need to first find a SDK that can work for body detection right?
    Does your teacher expect you to write it from scratch or does he expect you to use a 3rd party tool to do it?  If he expects you to use a tool does he have one in mind, or does he expect you to do the research to find your own?  These are not questions that we can really answer.
    Tuesday, March 13, 2012 2:59 PM
  • Yup teacher allow us to use 3rd party SDK but it need to be in c# and using visual studio. I wanted to make an application like when a person passes the webcam it count one , there will be a parameter line so that it can count number of people getting in and number of people going out. i will create two button enable and disable , enable is to enable the system to start recording and disable to stop it from counting. which is somthing like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JawGs23hGw

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 3:17 PM
  • I don't think that such a SDK already exists.

The program which is shown in your video looks not like a simple project. It's possible to recognize some motions in the given area but to count in like in the video will be hard. I assume that you have to spend much time for it.

• Edited by Mr. Jochen Tuesday, March 13, 2012 3:52 PM
    Tuesday, March 13, 2012 3:51 PM
  • Oh okay. so there aren't s simple software that can detect just the people passing with SDK codes?
    Tuesday, March 13, 2012 4:06 PM