none
How to access the controls of the user controls in another project

Question

• Hi,

I have created a project to maintain the common user controls and i have created another project to implement the Business Logic for those user object.

but i am not able to able to access the controls of the user controls in the class which belongs to Business Logic project.

How to access the controls of the user controls in another project?

Please help me how to solve this???

• Changed type ksvimal Monday, November 23, 2009 3:58 PM
    Monday, November 23, 2009 9:22 AM

Answers

• Hi ksvimal,

If you want to access the controls from the business layer(BL), you can add reference to the UI layer from BL. However, this add coupling between the UI and the BL. I suggest you take a look at MVVM framwork which is not released yet, but could help you when arctecting the application. '

With MVVM framework, the UI(Viewer) get data from the business layer(ViewModel) by databinding and the ViewModel active command in response to the user interaction in the UI through commanding mechnism in WPF. The Business actually does not need to add reference to the UI layer.

So to have a better understanding with it, I recommend you reading more resources on it, and appearantly, there are many results will be hit with a simple search in the internet.

Best regards,
    Bruce Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by ksvimal Friday, November 27, 2009 2:14 AM
    Wednesday, November 25, 2009 6:43 AM

All replies

• Hi ksvimal,

If you want to access the controls from the business layer(BL), you can add reference to the UI layer from BL. However, this add coupling between the UI and the BL. I suggest you take a look at MVVM framwork which is not released yet, but could help you when arctecting the application. '

With MVVM framework, the UI(Viewer) get data from the business layer(ViewModel) by databinding and the ViewModel active command in response to the user interaction in the UI through commanding mechnism in WPF. The Business actually does not need to add reference to the UI layer.

So to have a better understanding with it, I recommend you reading more resources on it, and appearantly, there are many results will be hit with a simple search in the internet.

Best regards,
    Bruce Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by ksvimal Friday, November 27, 2009 2:14 AM
    Wednesday, November 25, 2009 6:43 AM
  • Hi Bruce,

Thanks for your feedback and sorry for the late reply.

I have already checked the MVVM framework given by you. But I was trying to use more user controls instead of command binding with resource dictionary as i dont have much experience on these.

Anyway i will try to learn command binding and will make use of it.

if you have any samples on this please help me to learn command binding concepts.

Thanks!!!!
    Friday, November 27, 2009 2:13 AM
  • Hi ksvimal,

You can download the MVVM toolkit as it is shipped with a walkthrough getting you started.

Best regards,
    Bruce Zhou
    Friday, November 27, 2009 2:36 AM
  • Hi Bruce,

Thanks a lot for your help. Right now i am checking the MVVM Toolkit.

I have one more question regarding Floatable and Dockable Button Strip.

Can you please check this thread and reply????

Friday, November 27, 2009 6:10 AM
  • Hi Bruce,

Thanks a lot for your help. Right now i am checking the WPF inheritance

Can you please check this thread and reply????

Wednesday, December 23, 2009 10:47 AM