none
Tool to automatically generate absent IDs in the resources.

Question

• Greetings,

I need help with the following problem: recently we've started moving one of our very old products from VS6 to VS2010. One issue appears: in the old project there are bunches of “unnamed” (don’t know how to call it correctly: there is an entry in the .rc-file, but there isn’t corresponding entry in the .h-file). Looks like the “old” studio generated IDs for such entries automatically. But VS2010 won’t does so.

In general – it’s continuation of this:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vclanguage/thread/ca805bad-9893-483b-8482-6e6ccaa0a4f8/

thread (I’m having the same error message).

And what I need – some tool, which can (re)generate all missing IDs. Doing so manually – really not a good solution because of a great number of resources impacted…

Best regards...

Monday, March 12, 2012 4:13 PM

All replies

• Hi,

According to your description, it seems to be hard for us to find out the cause of your issue. So could you please provide more detail about your issue? Or can you provide a sample to us?

In addition, this link you have provide has been some issue. So that we cannot open the correct page.

Best Regards,
    Rob

Rob Pan [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 8:59 AM
  • You could use Excel.
    Open resource.h in Excel. You should specify that the space character will be column separator. Then just refill column with ID's using "Fill Series" feature. Save resource.h

Enjoy :)

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 10:38 AM