none
Custom Report for Manual Test Results

Question

• Hi,

My requirement is to develop a custom report for the manual test results.

Report Columns:

1. Area Name

2. Test Planned Start Date

3. Test Planned End Date

4. Test Actual Start Date

5. Test Actual End Date

6. Build Type

7. Total Number of Test Cases

8. Total Number of Test Cases Executed

9. Total Number of Test Cases Passed

10. Total Number of Test Cases Failed

11. Total Number of Test Cases Aborted

I'm able to get generate a custom report from column 6 to 11. But i was not able to link the  details presented in column 1 to 5. For this i hope we can create a work-item and attach it to a build type or a test result. But i do not know how to get these details from TFS CUBE.

If there is a way to generate this report, please let me know the details.

Thanks and Regards

Prabashmi

Monday, July 23, 2007 2:02 PM

Answers

• There is a mechanism for linking work items to test results, but I believe the typical usage is for associating bugs with test results. I don't really have a lot of background with the testing features. I'll see if I can get someone else to comment on that. If you do have links between test results and work items, then you should be able to get the first 5 items from the work item dimensions in the test result measure group.

1. Area Name will come from the Work Item History Area dimension.

2. Assuming the other four are custom fields on your work items, and they are defined as reportable=dimension, then they'll show up in the Work Item dimension.

Wednesday, July 25, 2007 5:11 PM

All replies

• There is a mechanism for linking work items to test results, but I believe the typical usage is for associating bugs with test results. I don't really have a lot of background with the testing features. I'll see if I can get someone else to comment on that. If you do have links between test results and work items, then you should be able to get the first 5 items from the work item dimensions in the test result measure group.

1. Area Name will come from the Work Item History Area dimension.

2. Assuming the other four are custom fields on your work items, and they are defined as reportable=dimension, then they'll show up in the Work Item dimension.

Wednesday, July 25, 2007 5:11 PM
  •  

Hi there,

Do you still need help with this?  Allen is right about the warehouse fields.  To link a test result with a work item, you can open up the test result in Visual Studio and right click on it to get the option to create a work item for it.
    Mauli

Monday, August 20, 2007 5:58 PM