none
All I did was use the MFC Application Wizard

Question

• I opened VS 2005, I started a New Project, I selected the MFC Application Wizard, I named it, clicked Next, and clicked Finish.  Now, when I start the project, I get errors.  Some people online think my install is the problem, but it didn't help to repeair/reinstall from the disk.  What follows is my Output Window from my Buildlog.htm

Compiling...
    stdafx.cpp
    c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\platformsdk\include\winbase.h(4850) : error C2065: 'PFLS_CALLBACK_FUNCTION' : undeclared identifier
    c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\platformsdk\include\winbase.h(4851) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ')' before identifier 'lpCallback'
    c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\platformsdk\include\winbase.h(4851) : warning C4229: anachronism used : modifiers on data are ignored
    c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\platformsdk\include\winbase.h(4851) : error C2491: 'FlsAlloc' : definition of dllimport data not allowed
    c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\platformsdk\include\winbase.h(4851) : error C2059: syntax error : ')'
    c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\platformsdk\include\winbase.h(8716) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'WELL_KNOWN_SID_TYPE'
    c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\platformsdk\include\winbase.h(8723) : error C2065: 'WELL_KNOWN_SID_TYPE' : undeclared identifier
    c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\platformsdk\include\winbase.h(8723) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ')' before identifier 'WellKnownSidType'
    c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\platformsdk\include\winbase.h(8723) : warning C4229: anachronism used : modifiers on data are ignored
    c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\platformsdk\include\winbase.h(8723) : error C2491: 'CreateWellKnownSid' : definition of dllimport data not allowed
    c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\platformsdk\include\winbase.h(8727) : error C2059: syntax error : ')'
    c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\platformsdk\include\winbase.h(11245) : error C2065: 'PSYSTEM_LOGICAL_PROCESSOR_INFORMATION' : undeclared identifier
    c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\platformsdk\include\winbase.h(11245) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ')' before identifier 'Buffer'
    c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\platformsdk\include\winbase.h(11245) : warning C4229: anachronism used : modifiers on data are ignored
    c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\platformsdk\include\winbase.h(11245) : error C2491: 'GetLogicalProcessorInformation' : definition of dllimport data not allowed
    c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\platformsdk\include\winbase.h(11247) : error C2059: syntax error : ')'

Thank you in advance.
    Friday, October 19, 2007 3:40 PM

Answers

• Try moving the $(VCInstallDir)PlatformSDK\include directory up above everything else. You probably should do that for the lib directoies too. I am not totally sure, but nearly sure that you need to do make the SDK directories ahead of all those others.

Monday, October 22, 2007 7:17 PM

All replies

• Do you mean you picked the "MFC Application" template? There are a couple of templates with "Wizard" in the name, but "MFC Application" isn't one of them.

PFLS_CALLBACK_FUNCTION is defined in winnt.h, which is in the same directory as winbase.h, so there's definitely something messed up with either your files or the VC++ include search path. Or something that was supposed to pull in winnt.h isn't.

Saturday, October 20, 2007 12:12 AM
  • What are the contents of stdafx.h? Normally that would not be a problem, but your problem is not normal.

Sunday, October 21, 2007 7:15 PM
  • I selected the MFC Application Template and up popped a window called "MFC Application Wizard..."

What follows are the contents of my stdafx.h

// stdafx.h : include file for standard system include files,

// or project specific include files that are used frequently,

// but are changed infrequently

#pragma once

#ifndef _SECURE_ATL

#define _SECURE_ATL 1

#endif

#ifndef VC_EXTRALEAN

#define VC_EXTRALEAN // Exclude rarely-used stuff from Windows headers

#endif

// Modify the following defines if you have to target a platform prior to the ones specified below.

// Refer to MSDN for the latest info on corresponding values for different platforms.

#ifndef WINVER // Allow use of features specific to Windows XP or later.

#define WINVER 0x0501 // Change this to the appropriate value to target other versions of Windows.

#endif

#ifndef _WIN32_WINNT // Allow use of features specific to Windows XP or later.

#define _WIN32_WINNT 0x0501 // Change this to the appropriate value to target other versions of Windows.

#endif

#ifndef _WIN32_WINDOWS // Allow use of features specific to Windows 98 or later.

#define _WIN32_WINDOWS 0x0410 // Change this to the appropriate value to target Windows Me or later.

#endif

#ifndef _WIN32_IE // Allow use of features specific to IE 6.0 or later.

#define _WIN32_IE 0x0600 // Change this to the appropriate value to target other versions of IE.

#endif

#define _ATL_CSTRING_EXPLICIT_CONSTRUCTORS // some CString constructors will be explicit

// turns off MFC's hiding of some common and often safely ignored warning messages

#define _AFX_ALL_WARNINGS

#include <afxwin.h> // MFC core and standard components

#include <afxext.h> // MFC extensions

#include <afxdisp.h> // MFC Automation classes

#ifndef _AFX_NO_OLE_SUPPORT

#include <afxdtctl.h> // MFC support for Internet Explorer 4 Common Controls

#endif

#ifndef _AFX_NO_AFXCMN_SUPPORT

#include <afxcmn.h> // MFC support for Windows Common Controls

#endif // _AFX_NO_AFXCMN_SUPPORT

#ifdef _UNICODE

#if defined _M_IX86

#pragma comment(linker,"/manifestdependency:\"type='win32' name='Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls' version='6.0.0.0' processorArchitecture='x86' publicKeyToken='6595b64144ccf1df' language='*'\"")

#elif defined _M_IA64

#pragma comment(linker,"/manifestdependency:\"type='win32' name='Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls' version='6.0.0.0' processorArchitecture='ia64' publicKeyToken='6595b64144ccf1df' language='*'\"")

#elif defined _M_X64

#pragma comment(linker,"/manifestdependency:\"type='win32' name='Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls' version='6.0.0.0' processorArchitecture='amd64' publicKeyToken='6595b64144ccf1df' language='*'\"")

#else

#pragma comment(linker,"/manifestdependency:\"type='win32' name='Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls' version='6.0.0.0' processorArchitecture='*' publicKeyToken='6595b64144ccf1df' language='*'\"")

#endif

#endif

Monday, October 22, 2007 12:48 PM
  • Thank you. I don't see a problem with the stdafx.h. If there is a problem then I hope someone else will spot it but probably there is not a problem tehre.

Another possibility is the list of directories configured for VC. Do you understand what I mean? Do you know where to look for that? Have you looked there for a problem with the directories for the headers (#includes)?

Monday, October 22, 2007 6:05 PM
  • At first I thought some VC6 files got into my VC8 folders, but I repaired from the disk and that should have handled it, right?  Here are my Include folders:

$(VCInstallDir)include

$(VCInstallDir)\atlmfc\include

$(VCInstallDir)PlatformSDK\include

$(FrameworkSDK)include

Thanks for your help.

Monday, October 22, 2007 7:03 PM
  • Try moving the $(VCInstallDir)PlatformSDK\include directory up above everything else. You probably should do that for the lib directoies too. I am not totally sure, but nearly sure that you need to do make the SDK directories ahead of all those others.

Monday, October 22, 2007 7:17 PM