none
Will .NET Framework 3.5 be a Cumulative Installer (1.1 + 2.0 + 3.0 + 3.5) ?

Question

• Ok, this may be a very stupid question, but I am getting a little fed up of installing every released version of the .NET Framework whilst Java 5 runtime just needs you to uninstall and / or reinstall the new update such as version 11 - very simple!

Currently to migrate and / or work on differing client projects and their unique requirements for different systems, I need to install on Windows XP (without SP2):

1) .NET Framework 1.0 with SP1

2) .NET Framework 1.1 with SP1

3) .NET Framework 2.0

and now

4) .NET Framework 3.0

Will Microsoft make .NET Framework 3.5 Orcus a cumulative installer for all releases or at least subsume .NET 2.0 & .NET 3.0 & .NET 3.5 together?  Alternatively, a single custom installer for all versions? Otherwise I can see the list getting longer and longer! 

Falcon

Friday, March 02, 2007 11:22 PM

Answers

• The .NET Framework 3.0 includes the .NET Framework 2.0 as a part of its installer.  The current plan is that the .NET Framework 3.5 will include the .NET Framework 2.0 and 3.0.

There are not any current plans to include the .NET Framework 1.0 or 1.1 in a single installer with the other versions of the .NET Framework.

Thanks!  Aaron

Saturday, March 03, 2007 8:12 PM