none
How to Install Dotnet 4.0

Question

• Hi all,

I want to install development Environment with DOTNET 4.0 on my Machine with Windows 7 64 bit from Scratch. I downloaded and installed DOTNET Framework 4.0 . So what other S/w needs to be installed to get my first DOTNET Application running..?What Version of SQL Server and Visual Studio are required. I have SQl Server 2008 but it requires DOTNET 3.5. So I need clarification of Which Versionof SQL is required for DOTNET 4.0 and which version of Visual Studio and are they suffiecient to write my Programs...?in DOTNET

Thanks,

K.V.N.PAVAN
    Sunday, August 07, 2011 11:12 AM

Answers

• install SQL Server Management Studio..?

Yes, if you need it manage and host sql server. If you just want to create simple Database application then you do not need it.

if I install VS 2010 will this be sufficient for my Applications to run Basic DOTNEt Applictaions complexity of which may be increased Later.

Yes it will be sufficient, If you now how to manage your code (reducing memory leaks, create big programs in small modules\components ) then Application complexity will not matter.

So if you say Yes I wil; just install VS 2010 for now. I am also using Web Platform installer

Yes, install VS 2010 and start coding. it does not effect VS if you are using Web Platform.

Faraz
    • Marked as answer by Pa1 Kumar Sunday, August 07, 2011 12:02 PM
    Sunday, August 07, 2011 12:00 PM

All replies

• What Version of SQL Server and Visual Studio are required?

Depends on your need.

• You can use Visual Studio 2008\2010 both will work but 2010 is better.
    • SQL Server 2008 R2 is the latest version and SQL server 2008 express is installed with Visual Studio 2010 installation.

I downloaded and installed DOTNET Framework 4.0 . So what other S/w needs to be installed to get my first DOTNET Application running..?

As you have .net Framework 4.0 you can run any application which requires .Net framework 4.0 or below.

are they suffiecient to write my Programs...?in DOTNET

As i said before it completely depends on you, how you want to use and what are your requirements. These are the latest technologies so these should fulfill your requirements.

Faraz
    Sunday, August 07, 2011 11:35 AM
  • Hi Faraz,

For a complete Web Development Environment Is it suficient to install SQL Server Express...? if I try to install SQL 2008 it is asking for DOTNET 3.5 or we need to install SQL Server Management Studio..?Now if I install VS 2010 will this be sufficient for my Applications to run Basic DOTNEt Applictaions complexity of which may be increased Later. So if you say Yes I wil; just install VS 2010 for now. I am also using Web Platform installer.

K.V.N.PAVAN
    Sunday, August 07, 2011 11:49 AM
  • install SQL Server Management Studio..?

Yes, if you need it manage and host sql server. If you just want to create simple Database application then you do not need it.

if I install VS 2010 will this be sufficient for my Applications to run Basic DOTNEt Applictaions complexity of which may be increased Later.

Yes it will be sufficient, If you now how to manage your code (reducing memory leaks, create big programs in small modules\components ) then Application complexity will not matter.

So if you say Yes I wil; just install VS 2010 for now. I am also using Web Platform installer

Yes, install VS 2010 and start coding. it does not effect VS if you are using Web Platform.

Faraz
    • Marked as answer by Pa1 Kumar Sunday, August 07, 2011 12:02 PM
    Sunday, August 07, 2011 12:00 PM