none
(0xc0000135)

Question

• I made a program on VB and it worked fine.But when i sent to a friend of mine the program didn't work and this error was shown

"the application failed to initialize properly(0xc0000135)"

I don't know what this is or how to solve the problem.

I'm using WinXP SP2 Greek and my friend WinXP SP1 English so this might be a problem.Or maybe a missing dll or something.

I just want to tell me the cause of the problem and how i can solve it if you know anything about it.

Thank you for reading this and i'm sorry for any grammatical errors.

Friday, February 10, 2006 10:10 PM

Answers

• Yes. Note that installing .NET 2.0 does not require uninstalling .NET 1.1/1.0. They work side by side just fine.
    Saturday, February 18, 2006 12:14 AM

All replies

• What version of VB are you running and what did you send to your friend?

Saturday, February 11, 2006 1:16 AM
  • I have Visual Studio 2005 (VB 2005).

I send him the file that i builded (.exe) .It's working fine for me fully functional.

Saturday, February 11, 2006 9:42 PM
  • Yeah, I have the same problem ....
    Have you had any answers yet???
    Thursday, February 16, 2006 9:24 AM
  • Does your friend have .NET 2.0 Framework installed ? If I remember correctly it requires WinXP SP2 and since he has WinXP SP1 he doesn't have it probably.
    Thursday, February 16, 2006 9:27 AM
  • I sent it to 2 other people who didn't have .NET Framework installed. But it didn't reported this error instead it reported that .NET Framework is not installed and should be in order the application to run.
    Friday, February 17, 2006 9:22 PM
  • There's a good change that those 2 other people have .NET framework installed, but not version 2.0. They have 1.1 or 1.0 which understands that you need .NET Framework but a newer version. In the case of 0xc0000135 there is not .NET Framework installed at all and the operating systems cannot find the files that are necessary to run the application and gives this error.
    Friday, February 17, 2006 9:27 PM
  • So .NET Framework 2.0 is required for the application to run even though older versions are installed.
    Friday, February 17, 2006 9:32 PM
  • Yes. Note that installing .NET 2.0 does not require uninstalling .NET 1.1/1.0. They work side by side just fine.
    Saturday, February 18, 2006 12:14 AM
  • Thank's for the support.
    Saturday, February 18, 2006 8:41 AM
  • well, it looks like this thread is already dead or something, but still... i also had .net framework 1.1 installed, and needed 2.0.50727(or something) to run a program a friend of mine made, now i installed it, and it doesn't give the same error anymore, but the 0xc0000135 one... pls help :p (or send me an email, would be even nicer >> gewoon_toon@hotmail.com)
    Thursday, June 22, 2006 3:12 PM
  •  

Thursday, August 17, 2006 7:47 PM
  •  de_Stan wrote:

I made a program on VB and it worked fine.But when i sent to a friend of mine the program didn't work and this error was shown

"the application failed to initialize properly(0xc0000135)"

I don't know what this is or how to solve the problem.

I'm using WinXP SP2 Greek and my friend WinXP SP1 English so this might be a problem.Or maybe a missing dll or something.

I just want to tell me the cause of the problem and how i can solve it if you know anything about it.

Thank you for reading this and i'm sorry for any grammatical errors.

Thursday, August 17, 2006 7:49 PM
  • I have the same problem but my friend has 2.0. He still gets an error message:

ppName: vloekmachine1.exe AppVer: 1.0.0.0 AppStamp:45a4ea29
    ModName: kernel32.dll ModVer: 5.1.2600.2945 ModStamp:44ab9a84
    fDebug: 0 Offset: 00012a5b

The funny thing is, the error message (that asks if you wish to send an error report to Bill Gates) calls is WindowsApplication1 while the exe is actially called VloekMachine.exe.

Any suggestions???

Gj

Wednesday, January 10, 2007 1:58 PM
  • I came across this error lately when an existing application (.exe) project was ported to a module project (.dll) in VC++ 2008. The loader logs shows that it could not resolve the MSVC90.dll redist, when I tried a LoadLibraryEx with LOAD_WITH_ALTERED_SEARCH_PATH  flag. Writing a test app to do just a LoadLibraryEx on the module in VS 2005 nukes the module off the process address space, the same app when compiled in VS 2008 works fine. This is one of the very complicated I have come across, so thought of posting this information. The fix was to build the project as a module and not an app.
    Tuesday, March 02, 2010 4:55 PM