none
Unable to install Visual Studio 2013 Express on Windows 7

Question

• Hello there. Today I downloaded VS 2013 Express and VS 2012 Express. I have installed windows 7 professional in my PC. When I try to install VS 2012 or VS 2013 I get the following error.

The Install Start Page just showed up for one or two seconds and then disappeared.  But I tried VS 2010 Express and it was installed successfully.

So is there a solution to my problem? Please help me out!

Saturday, November 23, 2013 6:31 AM

Answers

• Hi,

First VS 2013 Express and VS 2012 Express all need Windows 7 SP1 supported. You need update your OS.

Then there is a tool to fix problems that programs cannot be installed or uninstalled.

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/program_install_and_uninstall/en-us

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, November 25, 2013 6:19 AM

All replies

• Hi,

First VS 2013 Express and VS 2012 Express all need Windows 7 SP1 supported. You need update your OS.

Then there is a tool to fix problems that programs cannot be installed or uninstalled.

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/program_install_and_uninstall/en-us

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, November 25, 2013 6:19 AM
  • Sir,  I suggest you go slowly and do a lot of research.  I have found VS 2013 Express to be incompatible with Windows 7 Professional.  You can load/run a VS program and then Outlook & Windows Explorer will continually crash (requiring a reboot to recover).  Combing the web you'll find that MS is aware of a problem (multiple problems) for quite some time but they apparently haven't been able to fix it.

I read where they said to install VS in the default directory.  That would fix it.  Not true.  In another place they had a download to run and that would fix it.  Not for me.

Unfortunately, either Win 7 Pro or VS 2013 Express is not reliable (at least not compatible with each other).

Friday, December 06, 2013 11:17 PM