none
Word Automation ERROR.

Question

• hi all,
    I am getting   following exception,

System.Exception: Creating an instance of the COM component with CLSID  from the IClassFactory failed due to the following error: 8001010a.

while creating a new word object,

Word.Document oWord = new Word.Document();

pls respond,

Wednesday, February 25, 2009 9:17 AM

Answers

• Hi, 

This error occurs on a system where Norton AntiVirus 2000 has been installed.

Microsoft Office 2000 supports AntiVirus plug-ins that can scan Microsoft Office documents before they are opened. When the Norton AntiVirus plug-in is enabled on a system that is running Word 2000, you receive one of the messages that is included in the "Symptoms" section when you try to start Word through Automation.

To resolve the issue, contact your antivirus software vendor to obtain either an updated version of their product or assistance with reconfiguration of their product.

In some cases, you may need to rename the oleaut32.dll and reinstall Office 2000. To rename oleaut32.dll, it is usually necessary to restart the computer in MS-DOS mode because the Operating System may have the file locked.

Reference:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/246018

Hope it helps

void
    • Marked as answer by Guo Surfer Tuesday, March 03, 2009 11:13 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Guo Surfer Tuesday, March 03, 2009 11:14 AM
    • Marked as answer by Guo Surfer Thursday, March 05, 2009 2:29 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Guo Surfer Thursday, March 05, 2009 2:30 AM
    • Marked as answer by Guo Surfer Thursday, March 05, 2009 7:50 AM
    Monday, March 02, 2009 2:10 PM

All replies

• Reboot the server!

To be more precise you can killed the Process EXCEL in task manager and the application started working again.

The error code 8001010a usually means that the application is busy so had a look on the task manager.

Here is the article, you can read it.

http://suprej-venkat.blogspot.com/2007/12/systemruntimeinteropservicescomexceptio.html

Thanks, A.m.a.L
    • Proposed as answer by Kenky Dude Friday, March 06, 2009 6:21 AM
    Wednesday, February 25, 2009 9:20 AM
  • Thx for reply,

As it is a automation process, if I kill the process, another running word instances will get screwed up and I am getting this error very frequently, I am not supposed to reboot the server each & every time.

any other solution????

Wednesday, February 25, 2009 10:09 AM
  • Hi,

Error 8001010a can be caused by an antivirus, are you running an antivirus?

Best regards,
    Guo

Friday, February 27, 2009 8:03 AM
  • Hi,

You can find all the process that are running in the backgroud. When you get all the processes running in the background then traverse through each record and when you find process named EXCEL or WINWORD, terminate the process. By doing this you need not to restart the server each and everytime.

Regards

Midnight Programmer
    Friday, February 27, 2009 8:50 AM
  • WINWORD.exe is causing this error,  as I mentioned earlier this is a production m/c, I cant kill the process from taskmanager, In a day once after getting this exception,  for all new instances am getting same error..
    day by day issue is getting bigger.........
    Monday, March 02, 2009 11:16 AM
  • Hi, 

This error occurs on a system where Norton AntiVirus 2000 has been installed.

Microsoft Office 2000 supports AntiVirus plug-ins that can scan Microsoft Office documents before they are opened. When the Norton AntiVirus plug-in is enabled on a system that is running Word 2000, you receive one of the messages that is included in the "Symptoms" section when you try to start Word through Automation.

To resolve the issue, contact your antivirus software vendor to obtain either an updated version of their product or assistance with reconfiguration of their product.

In some cases, you may need to rename the oleaut32.dll and reinstall Office 2000. To rename oleaut32.dll, it is usually necessary to restart the computer in MS-DOS mode because the Operating System may have the file locked.

Reference:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/246018

Hope it helps

void
    • Marked as answer by Guo Surfer Tuesday, March 03, 2009 11:13 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Guo Surfer Tuesday, March 03, 2009 11:14 AM
    • Marked as answer by Guo Surfer Thursday, March 05, 2009 2:29 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Guo Surfer Thursday, March 05, 2009 2:30 AM
    • Marked as answer by Guo Surfer Thursday, March 05, 2009 7:50 AM
    Monday, March 02, 2009 2:10 PM
  • Could you resolved this issue? I have the same problem, please do you help me? Thanks.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 5:29 PM