none
.Net Framework 2.0 SP2 on Vista SP1

Question

• I need to deploy .Net 2.0 SP2 to Vista SP1 or later.  I understand that Vista SP1 includes 2.0 SP1.  I need to make sure SP2 is there just to have the same BCL that my application is built and tested against.

When I try to install this setup , I get the following error:

Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 SP2

X   Setup has detected that this computer does not meet the requirements to install this software. These requirements must be met before you can install Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 SP2.

X Requirements and Software Prerequisites

Microsoft .NET Framwork 2.0 SP1

This product is not supported on Vista Operating System.

So, how can I get SP2 deployed onto these machines?  Keep in mind that this is for my installer, and has to work for multiple machines, so an answer like "just install 3.5 SP1, it comes with it" doesn't really work for me.

Collin Sauve
    Monday, July 05, 2010 6:21 PM

Answers

• Hi Collin,

Thank you for your post.

I've checked the link that you posted and found:

Supported Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003; Windows XP

To upgrade .NET Framework 2.0 to .NET Framework 2.0 SP2, I would suggest you to download .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 (Full Package) which will install .NET 2.0 SP2 as prerequisite.

Or you can upgrade Windows Vista SP1 to Windows Vista SP2 which will ship .NET Framework 2.0 SP2.
    http://public.bay.livefilestore.com/y1ptjc-A0hR2AnSEz1HahqpC_BIojdoZrkl8tCsEx7EFOifCTTnHKpiuB-bFlKyMzTAhBCbavLEvd4bk63lquxROw/NET%20Framework_OS.PNG?psid=1

Hope this helps! If you have any concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Edited by YiChun Chen Wednesday, July 07, 2010 8:35 AM add picture
    • Marked as answer by Collin Sauve Wednesday, July 07, 2010 2:47 PM
    Wednesday, July 07, 2010 8:31 AM

All replies

• Hi Collin,

Thank you for your post.

I've checked the link that you posted and found:

Supported Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003; Windows XP

To upgrade .NET Framework 2.0 to .NET Framework 2.0 SP2, I would suggest you to download .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 (Full Package) which will install .NET 2.0 SP2 as prerequisite.

Or you can upgrade Windows Vista SP1 to Windows Vista SP2 which will ship .NET Framework 2.0 SP2.
    http://public.bay.livefilestore.com/y1ptjc-A0hR2AnSEz1HahqpC_BIojdoZrkl8tCsEx7EFOifCTTnHKpiuB-bFlKyMzTAhBCbavLEvd4bk63lquxROw/NET%20Framework_OS.PNG?psid=1

Hope this helps! If you have any concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Edited by YiChun Chen Wednesday, July 07, 2010 8:35 AM add picture
    • Marked as answer by Collin Sauve Wednesday, July 07, 2010 2:47 PM
    Wednesday, July 07, 2010 8:31 AM
  • Hi Collin,

Thank you for your post!

Based on your description, I would recommend you some suggestions:

Step 1: Please ensure whether open Windows Features or not, you could operate step by step as below:

1, Control Panel >> Programs and Features >> Turn Windows features on or off >> ensure Microsoft .Net Framework have been checked

Step 2: Run as administrator and Re-install it again

If it does not work, please try to operate the following suggestions step by step:

Step 1: Please download ‘Collect.exe’, which could collect information during installing.

Step 2: Try to clean your "%temp%" folder (Start Menu >> Run >> Type "%temp%")

Step 3: Unable anti-virus and some security software

Step 4: Run as administrator and Re-install it again

Step 5: If it does not work, please diagnose the cause of failure installation via log files

More information about how to diagnose the cause of failure installation, please click the following link.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/vssetup/thread/0376db8f-4761-4ae5-9af2-98c53216318a#How_to_diagnoseVS2008_NETFramework_logs

Or you could attach your log files in your reply.

If you have any doubts and concerns, please feel free to let me know. We are going to continue to follow-up.

Axel Gong

Wednesday, July 07, 2010 9:18 AM