none
I need a library with industrial HMI drawings that can be used by visual C++ that can be incorporated in a HMI app

Question

• Hello,

I am Developing a nice HMI that communicates with PLC;s an d DCS's automation and control systems using visual C++ 2008 and NModbus.dll lilbrary. The only thing I am still missing are the libraries for the HMI drawings,

What I am looking for is for the typical HMI drawings like industrial tanks showing the level of the liquid contained ther, the drawing of a motor in motion or the typical bar indicating temperature or singnaling the value of a pressure signal.

I know there are some free open source libraries that can be used by visual C++ 2008 so I would higly appreciate if somebody suggest me a good open source library with HMI drawings.

Thanks a lot
    Fausto
    faustojc
    Thursday, November 20, 2008 4:24 PM

Answers

• If you want to search for source code, go to http://www.google.com/codesearch. For samples using a third party library, go to the library's web site such as http://www.nmodbus.com/Samples.aspx for the NModbus.dll library. If the library' claims to support Visual C++, ask or search how you can use it in Visual C++ on the library's web site.

If you want reviews of industrial software libraries, search in some industrial magazines' web site or interview some people in the industry. You can also do a blog search, but generally blogs are less reliable than magezines.

MSMVP VC++
    Thursday, November 20, 2008 5:42 PM

All replies

• If you want to search for source code, go to http://www.google.com/codesearch. For samples using a third party library, go to the library's web site such as http://www.nmodbus.com/Samples.aspx for the NModbus.dll library. If the library' claims to support Visual C++, ask or search how you can use it in Visual C++ on the library's web site.

If you want reviews of industrial software libraries, search in some industrial magazines' web site or interview some people in the industry. You can also do a blog search, but generally blogs are less reliable than magezines.

MSMVP VC++
    Thursday, November 20, 2008 5:42 PM
  •  Hy Sheng

I downloaded the opc foundation because the OPC client lib are soooo!! expensive for me , but I find it very hard to use the class. I was wondering if you have a description or a code example so that I can see how I can perform the common tasks such as:

Browse and find all the OPC servers running,  connect to the specified OPC server,  read and write data to the OPC server.

I downloaded dll's such as OpcRcw.da.dll,  If you know somebody that has some documentation of those libraries, that would make my life really happy.

By the way, I am using vc++2008

Thanks in advance.
    Fausto M. JAsso Cordoba
    +52 1 4641081094
                      +52 ...          
    faustojc

Post Options
    This option will split a single thread into a new thread at the specified post. Please include a subject for the new thread, a reason for the split and choose the forum where the new thread should be created. Note: any posts split will lose Proposed Answer or Answered state.
    This option will merge the currently selected thread into a target thread. Note: Answers and Proposed Answers will be removed after moving and this action cannot be undone. Please enter the thread ID to merge to. The thread ID is the portion of the URL after /thread/ which looks something like this: 8138b571-18b6-475a-85d0-63423e506875.
    This option allows the user to change the thread type. Note: changing the thread type will remove any Answers or Proposed Answers from question threads.
    Use the icon to add code.
    Has Code

Subscribe to Alerts for this thread.
    Alert Me

• Subject must be 1 to 255 characters long.
    • A reason is required between 4 and 255 characters.
    • Body must be 4 to 60000 characters long.
    • Please select a forum for your thread.
    • The tag contains illegal characters.
    • Sticky Date must be greater than current date.
    • Sticky Date format is invalid.
    • Invalid Thread ID
    • Required Field: Display Name must be between 2 and 32 characters
    • Invalid User: The user entered cannot be found or is not a Microsoft Employee
    Related Messages

faustojc
    Monday, December 15, 2008 9:40 PM