none
"WindowsUpdate_000013EC" and "WindowsUpdate_dt000" errors while trying to apply SP1 to VS2010

Question

• Hi all,

As title suggests, I'm encountering this problem while trying to apply the SP1 update to Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate. I'm running a x64 machine, if it helps.

My VS2010 is not installed in C: drive, as I almost have no space left on that drive (only 2GB free), though I don't think this is the issue as I remember that the "not enough disk space" has a very distinct error code, which is - as far as I can remember - neither "WindowsUpdate_000013EC" or "WindowsUpdate_dt000"...

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Tuesday, January 03, 2012 9:18 AM

Answers

• Well - good news: the SP1 web installer did the job after I cleared some disk space on drive C:, so one these WU errors I quoted having in this thread's title probably refer to insufficient disk space.

Too bad WU won't aggregate those errors correctly and display it in a proper way to the user, so he won't have to crack his head in an attempt to just understand the error he encountered, let alone fix it... Uh well - this one is solved I guess... :)

Thursday, January 05, 2012 10:53 AM

All replies

• Hi Shay,

Thanks for your post!

Have you update your Operating System? 

Please download the Latest Service Pack for your Operating System, and try install it again.

For more information, you can refer to  Performance Troubleshooting Article and VS2010 SP1 Change in the following link:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/jasonz/archive/2011/03/03/performance-troubleshooting-article-and-vs2010-sp1-change.aspx

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,

Cathy Kong [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Wednesday, January 04, 2012 3:08 AM
  • Hi Cathy and thank you for replying,

I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, and yes - my operating system is updated (as I have no update suggestions in Windows Update, besides the suggestion to update my Visual Studio to SP1).

I think that in the end, this might still be a 'not enough space available' problem, as I've downloaded the VS2010 SP1 web-installer, and it clearly says that I'm missing some disk space on my C: drive in order for the update to start, so I'll try to clear some more disk space on drive C: (even though, as I mentioned, my VS is not installed on drive C: at all) and I'll update this thread if the SP1 update will succeed (and even if it won't).

Wednesday, January 04, 2012 2:14 PM
  • Well - good news: the SP1 web installer did the job after I cleared some disk space on drive C:, so one these WU errors I quoted having in this thread's title probably refer to insufficient disk space.

Too bad WU won't aggregate those errors correctly and display it in a proper way to the user, so he won't have to crack his head in an attempt to just understand the error he encountered, let alone fix it... Uh well - this one is solved I guess... :)

Thursday, January 05, 2012 10:53 AM
  • my situation is similar to the previous described
    But I have installed the Sql server 2012 Developer ed on drive D: FIRST !!!

Windows 7 Ultimate is installed on on drive C:

I could not change drive letter during installation full version of VS2010

VS2010 is installed on drive C:

VS2010 dos not start. Message is "None will work correctly until all have been upgrated"

When  updating I get the error  "Code 13EC" "Win update encounterd unknown error"

Free space on drive C: 4.1 GB

I tried to stop SQL Server  but it did not help. What else I can try ?

Thursday, November 29, 2012 11:46 AM
  • Does 247 GB count as sufficient space? Brand new Lenovo L430 laptop with 500 GB C:\ drive with 247 GB of free space running Windows 8.1?

WindowsUpdate_000013EC OR WindowsUpdate_dt000

I have yet to see more than two or three of these user community repairs actually work. Frustrating as hell.

• Edited by mcm91201 Thursday, January 02, 2014 5:08 PM typo
    Thursday, January 02, 2014 5:07 PM
  • Same here. 2012 server that is fully functional and plenty of space. Can't install SQL 2012 due to this and the web installer fails with this error above.
    Thursday, January 02, 2014 11:50 PM
  • I am also getting this error on my surface Pro 2 with 512 gigs and over 200 gig free styorage.  The OS is running 8.1 and it is updated to the latest versions of the firmware and OS.  So why is this not working.  Very frustrating.
    Monday, January 20, 2014 6:05 PM
  • Hi all,

I am also getting the same error.

The OS is win 8.1 and it is updated to the latest version.

Space available on SSD more then 50GB.

My visual studio 2010 actual version: 10.0.30319.1 RTMRel.  

Thank's in advance.

UPDATE...

I solved my problem.

I unistalled the old version of vs2010 and then reinstalled new SP1 version.

Now all works fine.

Thank's to all

Monday, February 03, 2014 3:45 PM