none
Do I disable or uninstall Microsoft net framework?

Question

• I am getting a lot info on the web that if I use Firefox I should uninstall Microsoft net framework. I don't know what it is or if it's important. I have disabled it right now. Will it affect my PC? Thanks for your help.
    Friday, April 01, 2011 6:09 AM

Answers

• Firefox is just a browser. It has nothing to do with .NET Framework.

In fact, in higher version of Windows Operating system, you cannot remove .net framework. Removing will bring down your operating system.

-Jai
    Friday, April 01, 2011 8:25 AM
  • You may well be using other software that requires a .NET Framework. Just because you switched to Firefox (which, presumably, does not need .NET), does not mean your other software does not require .NET Framework support.

I suggest that you *ignore* the bad advice you got about removing .NET Frameworks, unless you want to first verify with the publishers of *every* software product you use, that none require a .NET Framework.

Jai is also correct in reference to modern Windows versions (Vista and 7), that .NET Frameworks are integral to the OS and *cannot* be removed.

Sunday, April 03, 2011 2:44 PM

All replies

• Firefox is just a browser. It has nothing to do with .NET Framework.

In fact, in higher version of Windows Operating system, you cannot remove .net framework. Removing will bring down your operating system.

-Jai
    Friday, April 01, 2011 8:25 AM
  • You may well be using other software that requires a .NET Framework. Just because you switched to Firefox (which, presumably, does not need .NET), does not mean your other software does not require .NET Framework support.

I suggest that you *ignore* the bad advice you got about removing .NET Frameworks, unless you want to first verify with the publishers of *every* software product you use, that none require a .NET Framework.

Jai is also correct in reference to modern Windows versions (Vista and 7), that .NET Frameworks are integral to the OS and *cannot* be removed.

Sunday, April 03, 2011 2:44 PM
  • The issue is not with Microsoft .Net Framework, it's the extension known as "Microsoft .Net Framework Assistant" which was first installed with version 3.51 during an update. There are various places offering you ways to uninstall that, which I am researching because I disabled mine and now I'm getting various error messages. The problem is that Firefox 5.0 reports it as "incompatible" and Microsoft doesn't offer any solutions that I can find so far.
    Monday, July 04, 2011 5:55 PM
  • so what the result...it's make me so confuse, any better suggest?
    Monday, November 19, 2012 4:31 AM
  • If "The problem is that Firefox 5.0 reports it as "incompatible" "

You should contact Firefox technical support and ask them why their product is making such a report, and what you can do about it.

Monday, November 19, 2012 2:46 PM