none
'Microsoft .NET Framework v1.1.4322 Update' problems

Question

•        Greetings please help!! Last week after I updated windows, my laptop can't go into standby or hibernate mode. When ever I close the lid and try to go into standby mode, it says:

The service 'Microsoft .NET Framework v.1.1.4322 Update' is preventing the machine from entering hibernation. Try stopping this service and try again.

I dont know where is the service and I feel inconvenience that my laptop cant change into standby mode. PLEASE HELP!!! =[
    Monday, July 16, 2007 2:28 PM

Answers

All replies

• I'm having the same problem, and it's realy bugin me.
    Tuesday, July 17, 2007 3:40 PM
  • See post "Microsoft .Net Framework v1.1.4322 Update-Service"
    Tuesday, July 17, 2007 4:07 PM
  • I have the same problem and can't find how to fix it.  Isn't there anyone out there who can tell us exactly where to go and what to do to fix this?  I have tried the microsoft website but can't find anything relating to this problem.  You can email at trekcip@aol.com as I hope I cam check back here for some help again.  I have taken to turning off my computer at night since it won't hibrinate any more.  Thanks, Trekcip
    Wednesday, July 18, 2007 3:00 PM
  •  

I have a simmilar problem i.e. Whenever try to go into "standby" or "hybernate" I get a message that says:

'Microsoft .NET Framework v.1.1.4322 Update' is preventing the machine from entering hibernation. Try stopping this service and try again.  I have wasted two days trying to solve this problem with DELL's help - no luck so far.  

Where do I go from here?  Please help.

NJ

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 5:41 PM
  • If you are using the AntiVir anti virus protection, chances are that this will help you. There is a problem with AntiVir when you install the KB928366 .Windows Update: Antivir is preventing the netfxupdate.exe from terminating. The netfxupdate.exe process is part of the KB928366 hotfix, updating the .NET 1.1 framework. The workaround, provided by appleoddity, is to disable the Antivir services and reboot your computer, letting netfxupdate.exe terminate. Then re-enable the services and reboot again. See the full description and the step-by-step procedure. That worked flawlessly for me and others.
    Saturday, July 21, 2007 1:20 PM
  • Try downloading and installing the latest updates from Microsoft.  This fixed the problem for me.

Scott.

Friday, August 17, 2007 8:32 AM
  • I am having the same problem. Did you find a solution?..............Tsullivan

Wednesday, August 22, 2007 11:57 AM
  • I found that this post: http://forums.microsoft.com/msdn/showpost.aspx?postid=2025666&siteid=1&sb=0&d=1&at=7&ft=11&tf=0&pageid=1#1890200 solved my similar problem. Check it out if you are using Avira AntiVir, because that was the program that (indirectly) after a Windows Update prevented my computer from going into hibernation mode.
    Thursday, August 23, 2007 1:36 AM
  •  

Monday, August 27, 2007 1:27 PM
  •  quentincool wrote:

Greetings please help!! Last week after I updated windows, my laptop can't go into standby or hibernate mode. When ever I close the lid and try to go into standby mode, it says:

The service 'Microsoft .NET Framework v.1.1.4322 Update' is preventing the machine from entering hibernation. Try stopping this service and try again.

I dont know where is the service and I feel inconvenience that my laptop cant change into standby mode. PLEASE HELP!!! =[
    Monday, August 27, 2007 1:29 PM
  •  

where do  find this  "Microsoft .Net Framework v1.1.4322 Update-Service"

nj

Tuesday, August 28, 2007 12:19 AM