none
Can Microsoft Visual Studio Ultimate 2013 load test COM applications?

Question

• I want to perform load test on HP Quality Center/ALM application after installing it in our environment. The application is already installed. However, we are using Microsoft Visual Studio Ultimate 2013 as our load testing tool.When i try to record HP ALM, it records only the log in part and not any other features like create test, create defect, etc.Does this mean both the tools doesn't support load testing for ALM application since it is a heavy COM and .NET?

Has anyone done performance/load testing on COM applications using Microsoft Visual Studio Ultimate?

Any replies/suggestions will be highly appreciated. 

Monday, January 20, 2014 6:42 AM

Answers

• As far as I know, HP ALM heavily uses java. Altough you can access via browser, it's not exactly HTTP based communication but combination of HTTP/COM/DCOM winsock etc.....that's the reason you are probably not able to record the user interactions after login.

Are you trying to record ALM using browser or QC explorer?

Try using Fiddler and see if it can capture the communication?

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 7:34 AM

All replies

• Hi Bhanja,

Thanks for your post!

According to your description, do you mean your create a web performance test project to record the action of HP ALM and then you want to do the load test with it?

Thanks

Best Regards  

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 6:14 AM
  • As far as I know, HP ALM heavily uses java. Altough you can access via browser, it's not exactly HTTP based communication but combination of HTTP/COM/DCOM winsock etc.....that's the reason you are probably not able to record the user interactions after login.

Are you trying to record ALM using browser or QC explorer?

Try using Fiddler and see if it can capture the communication?

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 7:34 AM