none
.net framework 3.5 SP1 x64 redistributable

Question

• Hi , 

where I can find .net framework 3.5 SP1 x64 redistributable ?

I need to update my windows 2008 x64 server .

In all links on Microsoft site I have found or x32 redistributable ether something which is not clear if it is x64 bit .

Can some one provide a exact link ?

Thanks !
    Wednesday, December 09, 2009 7:10 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Leonid R,

Thank you for your post.

For .NET Framework 3.5 installation, there're two installers as the following:
    - Bootstrapper is a very lightweight setup package, which determines what needs to be installed and attempts to download these required components from the web during installation.
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=AB99342F-5D1A-413D-8319-81DA479AB0D7&displaylang=en
    - Full package is a stand-alone installer package that contains all required components to deploy different platforms.
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/0/e/20e90413-712f-438c-988e-fdaa79a8ac3d/dotnetfx35.exe

For your concern, you can download either of these two installers. According to the environment of your machine, both of them will install the required components.

Hope this helps! If you have any concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by Leonid R Friday, December 11, 2009 1:00 PM
    Friday, December 11, 2009 7:46 AM
  • Just use the add/remove features in the server manager.

Monday, January 17, 2011 6:38 PM
  • Just use the add/remove features in the server manager.

Correct. It was already there. No need to download.

Thanks.

• Proposed as answer by MartinOtter Thursday, June 28, 2012 8:55 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by MartinOtter Thursday, June 28, 2012 8:55 AM
    • Proposed as answer by MartinOtter Thursday, June 28, 2012 8:55 AM
    Monday, February 21, 2011 8:44 AM
  • Hello,

I'm trying to find, then download .Net 3.5 X64 "Full Installer or Stand Alone Installer."   The machines I need to install on are NOT on the internet.

Any idea where to find it?

Joe

Monday, April 08, 2013 10:25 PM
  • Hello,

If .Net 4 is installed will .Net 3.5 install as well? Why I ask is I downloaded the dotnetfx35.exe but when run it appears to extract but does nothing else.

We have some software that requires .Net 3.5 and is not working with just .Net 4. installed.

Thanks,

Joe

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 6:32 PM
  • I forgot to ask you this important question: What is your Windows version?
    Wednesday, April 10, 2013 7:29 PM
  • Windows 7_64bit.

Thanks,

Joe

Thursday, April 11, 2013 2:29 PM
  • I am having the identical problem.  Did you find a solution?

Thanks...   Scott

Friday, April 19, 2013 4:10 PM
  • Did you find an answer to this problem?  This seems to be holding up my upgrade to SCOM 2012 SP1.

Thanks...

Friday, April 19, 2013 4:11 PM
  • No not yet!

Joe

Friday, April 19, 2013 6:30 PM
  • I have a double edged problem.

Trying to get the Nexus Mod Manager tunning on Win 7 64 bit.  The exception is thrown:

Bad formatexception: "Could not load file or assembly 'System.Xml.Linq, Version=3.5.0.0"

System.Xml.Linq is in Windows\Assembly
    Net 3.5.0 not in "Programs & Features"- some say it is pre-bundled with Win 7.

Have Net 4.0 ^ 4.5 and VS10.

Net 3.5.1 in "Turn Windows Features On/Off" -close but no cigar.

Running dotNetFx35setup.exe from Microsoft does nothing- not even an exception.

Downloaded the above link for Win64 didn't do anything either. Went into the archive and ran clwireg_x64.exe which succeeded.

Running netfx35_x64.exe in the archive gets "Please run the setup" message.

Attempted to load and debug the source snapshot of the above into VS10 with System.NotImplementedExceptions in the properties of  settings.cs. The first automatic property is 'TempPathFolder". Heck it's just a property we haven't called anything yet! We get the same result whether the target Net framework is 3.5 or 4.0.

No dice there either. How can one get VS to point to the "NexusClient.exe.config" file, which presumably contains the relevant data.

A natural, B flat, C sharp, D compile

• Edited by LaurieSt Monday, January 06, 2014 1:53 PM
    Monday, January 06, 2014 1:50 PM