none
Builds Missing from Global List after 2012 Upgrade

Question

• Hi,

We just upgraded our TFS from 2010 to 2012. We found that the list of builds (in the global list) did not include the v.2010 builds, but only the new builds run since the upgrade to 2012.

Our users were upset and want the full list of builds restored.

Is this a bug?  Did we miss something?

Bob Hardister

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 7:19 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Bob,

Thank you for your post.

I test the issue in my side, I upgrade TFS 2010 to TFS 2012. Builds come from TFS 2010 do not exist in global list Builds node any more, new builds queued from TFS 2012 could exist on the global list. This result is as same as the issue in your side. I submit a feedback in connect site, I suggest you get the latest information by following up the feedback. The feedback link is https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/772465/builds-from-tfs-2010-do-not-contain-in-global-list-builds-node-after-upgrade-tfs-2010-to-tfs-2012

I hope this information will help resolve this issue.

If anything is unclear, please free feel to let me know.

Regards,

Lily Wu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 8:10 AM
  • Hi Lily,

Thanks for confirming the problem. I hope a fix can be made available ASAP.

The Connect URL is: https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/772465/builds-from-tfs-2010-do-not-contain-in-global-list-builds-node-after-upgrade-tfs-2010-to-tfs-2012#tabs 

Bob Hardister

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 1:22 PM
  • Hi Lily,

We have found this was a deeper problem. It appears to be a bug the build list item syntax of the global list. It also appears that this may have been fixed with Update 1.

Did yo do your test with Update 1 installed?

Thanks!

Bob Hardister

Thursday, November 29, 2012 6:39 PM
  • Hi Bob,

I apply VS 2012 Update 1 in my machine, my VS version information as following.

The test result is builds come from TFS 2010 still cannot show in global list Builds node after upgrade to TFS 2012.

Regards,

Lily Wu [MSFT]

Friday, November 30, 2012 9:57 AM
  • Hi Lily,

Thanks for the confirmation :)

Bob Hardister

Friday, November 30, 2012 1:02 PM
  • You're welcome, Bob.

Let's follow the feedback on connect site.

Also, I suggest you mark useful post as answer, it will be very beneficial for other community members having the similar questions.

Regards,

Lily Wu [MSFT]

Monday, December 03, 2012 3:47 AM
  • Monday, December 03, 2012 1:16 PM
  • I tried running the program shown in this link, but it didn't add all of our TFS 2010 builds into the global list; it just changed the formatting of 4 TFS 2012 builds in the global list.  Did running that program actually work for you?

- Dan - "Can't never could do anything"

Tuesday, April 02, 2013 8:37 PM
  • Sure did: like a charm. Been a while. It's just a sample. Hopefully you can debug or modify as needed for your situation. Bob :)

Bob Hardister

Wednesday, April 03, 2013 12:11 PM