none
Using InstallShield Deployment Project to Deploy an NMake Project

Question

• I have created a Visual Studio 2012 solution that contains a Setup and Deployment (InstallShield) project and an NMake project (the solution contains other projects but they appear to be OK).  

The NMake project creates a resource only dll.  I specified the Output on NMake, Configuration Properties as “$(OutDir)eAAAmsg.dll” where OutDir is set to: “D:\CredproviderDev\eAAA\x64\Release\”

In the Deployment (InstallShield) project I included under section 2 (Specify Application Data), Files the primary output of my NMake project.  The Deployment project fails because it cannot find the output file.  The reason why the build fails is because the Deployment project assumes the output to be an exe file.  The path is also wrong.  I right clicked on the file and selected “Resolve Project Output...”  The Deployment project thinks the output path is:  “D:\CredproviderDev\eAAA\LDAPMessage\obj\x64\Release\”

Ross Clemens

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 5:18 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello Ross,

Thank you for your post.

Do you get this issue when you are using InstallShied to deploy your project?

If yes, I am afraid that it is out of support of Visual Studio General Questions forum since the InstallShied is the third party.

I suggest that you can consult your issue directly on InstallShied official website: http://www.installshield.com/ for better solution and support.

If I have misunderstood anything, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Amanda Zhu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 9:18 AM
  • Hi Amanda,

The problem occurs when I build the deployment package.  Even so, I suspect this is better directed to http://www.installshield.com/

Ross Clemens

• Marked as answer by Ross Clemens Wednesday, January 23, 2013 2:22 AM
    Wednesday, January 23, 2013 2:22 AM