none
Line chart - connected dots needed!

Question

• Hello everyone!

I've been trying to set up a line series, which is easy. Now my problem is that I would like to see points which are connected. 

The lines themselves are nice, but I would like to BOLD points (put a circle there or sort of bigger dot) so I would see where each of points on my chart are.

So far I've got :

.Series("MySeries").ChartType = SeriesChartType.Line

Thanks in advance, 

Pete

P.
    Thursday, September 01, 2011 9:15 AM

Answers

• When coding with Visual Studio, it's often helpful to cycle through the object properties intellisense shows you...

So yes, the answer is set MarkerStyle to something and tune the result with the other marker properties (Color, Size, etc.)

For chart controls examples, have a look at the Samples Environment.

• Marked as answer by petka Thursday, September 01, 2011 11:31 AM
    Thursday, September 01, 2011 9:51 AM
  • My problem with these links you pasted (I used them before), is that actually I am using Free version of VB.NET and I can't open their solution which is build in the Full version of VS...

I'm not sure what you mean by the free version of VB.NET, I tried opening & running the samples project just now with Visual Studio C# Express (which is free) and it worked.

You need different Visual Studio Express versions to open VB and C# projects. The full version of Visual Studio can open both types of projects.

• Marked as answer by petka Monday, September 26, 2011 7:45 PM
    Thursday, September 01, 2011 2:01 PM

All replies

• When coding with Visual Studio, it's often helpful to cycle through the object properties intellisense shows you...

So yes, the answer is set MarkerStyle to something and tune the result with the other marker properties (Color, Size, etc.)

For chart controls examples, have a look at the Samples Environment.

• Marked as answer by petka Thursday, September 01, 2011 11:31 AM
    Thursday, September 01, 2011 9:51 AM
  • Thank you very much! I was just looking in a wrong place , such an arse... really.

My problem with these links you pasted (I used them before), is that actually I am using Free version of VB.NET and I can't open their solution which is build in the Full version of VS...

P.
    Thursday, September 01, 2011 11:33 AM
  • My problem with these links you pasted (I used them before), is that actually I am using Free version of VB.NET and I can't open their solution which is build in the Full version of VS...

I'm not sure what you mean by the free version of VB.NET, I tried opening & running the samples project just now with Visual Studio C# Express (which is free) and it worked.

You need different Visual Studio Express versions to open VB and C# projects. The full version of Visual Studio can open both types of projects.

• Marked as answer by petka Monday, September 26, 2011 7:45 PM
    Thursday, September 01, 2011 2:01 PM
  • Perfect answer - to the point.

Thanks a lott

Friday, February 21, 2014 8:20 AM