none
VCBLD0001: "VCProjectEngine.dll" Could not be loaded.

Question

• If I try to execute the vcbuild.exe I get an error the the VCProjectEngine.dll not can be loaded.
    Even if I run the exe in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\vcpackages> directory with the parameter to the vcproj file this error occurs.

Has anyone an idea what I can do?

Thanks
    Michael
    Tuesday, January 23, 2007 9:27 AM

Answers

• hi Michael,

does it help if you run "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\vcvarsall.bat" first, or use vcbuild in Visual Studio 2005 Command Prompt which you can find in All programs->Microsoft visual studio 2005->visual studio tools?

Wednesday, January 24, 2007 7:27 AM

All replies

• hi Michael,

does it help if you run "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\vcvarsall.bat" first, or use vcbuild in Visual Studio 2005 Command Prompt which you can find in All programs->Microsoft visual studio 2005->visual studio tools?

Wednesday, January 24, 2007 7:27 AM
  • Thanks thtas helps allot...
    Wednesday, October 31, 2007 4:33 PM
  • I got the same error, although I happen to be running a French VS2008, so it reads:

vcbuild.exe : erreur VCBLD0001 : VCProjectEngine.dll ne peut pas être chargé.
    Vérifiez si VCProjectEngine.dll se trouve dans le même répertoire que vcbuild.ex
    e.

In any case, running vcbuild.exe from the VS Command Prompt doesn't seem to help.

Since this is driving me nuts, I even ran vcbuild.exe under the debugger, and I could see that it did, in fact, load VCProjectEngine.dll (the dll loaded message is shown in the debugger's log).

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
    Thursday, January 31, 2008 11:46 PM
  • Same problem with the German version (VS2008):

vcbuild.exe: Fehler VCBLD0001: "VCProjectEngine.dll" kann nicht geladen werden. (TaskId:433)
      Stellen Sie sicher, dass sich "VCProjectEngine.dll" in demselben Verzeichnis befindet wie "vcbuild.exe". (TaskId:433)
      Microsoft (R) Visual C++-Projekt-Generator - Befehlszeilenversion 9.00.21022 (TaskId:433)

I started the build with the environment variables set. I also tried to start vcbuild in it's own directory, to ensure it's in the same directory as "VCProjectEngine.dll"; no success.

I can reproduce the error on different machines (XP and Vista) with different solutions.

Please help me!

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 5:55 AM
  • problem seems to be that for non english versions(french,german...), vcbuild cannot load the specific languages dll.
    => copy the content of the localized folder (for french it is vcpackages\1036) in vcpackages. It worked for me...

• Proposed as answer by franckg Thursday, July 21, 2011 12:15 PM
    Monday, June 30, 2008 12:08 PM
  • problem seems to be that for non english versions(french,german...), vcbuild cannot load the specific languages dll.
    => copy the content of the localized folder (for french it is vcpackages\1036) in vcpackages. It worked for me...

Perfect Thanks
    • Proposed as answer by raflik Friday, October 26, 2012 4:02 PM
    Friday, October 26, 2012 4:02 PM