none
This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy.

Question

• I am supporting an application written in Visual C++ 2010, in Windows 7, which calls another executable, also written in Visual C++ 2010, in the following routine:

void CMainFrame::OnUtilitiesDataeditor()

{

BeginWaitCursor();       //ControlClass

VERIFY( cdataEditdrv.CreateDispatch("ControlClass" ));

cdataEditdrv.ReleaseDispatch();

EndWaitCursor();

}

Both are part of the same solution in VS 2010, and build simultaneously.  The called executable comes up underneath the calling executable, giving the impression that it didn’t come up.  Meanwhile there is a circular “Please Wait” cursor.  After clicking on the second executable on the Task Bar, it comes up over the first executable.  When you move it to the side, a pop-up error with a title “Server Busy” stating the following shows up:

“This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy.  Choose ‘Switch To’ to activate the busy program and correct the problem”. 

The only way to get out of this is to kill the application in Task Manager.  This program worked fine in Windows XP.

In the debugger, I traced it to the “VERIFY” line, above.

How do I fix this?

Friday, July 06, 2012 5:34 PM

All replies

• MannyMannyManny wrote:

Both are part of the same solution in VS 2010, and build  simultaneously. The called executable comes up underneath the calling
    executable, giving the impression that it didn�??t come up.  Meanwhile there is a circular �??Please Wait�?� cursor.  After clicking on
    the second executable on the Task Bar, it comes up over the first  executable. When you move it to the side, a pop-up error with a
    title �??Server Busy�?�

For some reason, your COM server executable has not entered its message  pump and is not processing messages. Debug it, figure out why.

Igor Tandetnik

Friday, July 06, 2012 7:57 PM
  • Hi,

Would you mind letting me know the result of the suggestions? If you need further assistance, feel free to let me know. I will be more than happy to be of assistance.

Best regards,
    Jesse

Jesse Jiang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Friday, July 13, 2012 4:58 AM