none
Location of DSOFramer Download

Question

• I have been attempting to locate the download for DSOFramer. At one point I had this sample but have since lost it. The last location I was aware of it existing was at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/311765/EN-US but it seems to have been removed. Can anyone point me to it? ANyone know why this has been removed?

Thanks,

-Ed
    Saturday, October 03, 2009 4:43 PM

All replies

• Yes, I noticed.  DsoFramer is history.  I'm guessing they removed it because it was causing too many problems with modern Office versions.  It was already quite troublesome with Office 2007, 2010 is around the corner.  OLE Linking and Embedding is dead technology.

Hans Passant.
    Saturday, October 03, 2009 4:56 PM
  • so what I can do? The DsoFramer causing too many problems,but I need document can be edited online , I waiting and waiting,

my only Hope is Microsoft Company update the OCX,but ........

May you give me some advice?

my email:luonianqing@126.com
    Thursday, December 24, 2009 10:23 AM
  • nobugz you say that embedding is dead technology. Then what's the tehnology that replace it? How can i convince my bosses to remove the dsoframer? I need a replacement that will work with any MS office product not a specific product from the MS office suite.
    Thursday, February 18, 2010 7:58 PM
  • Telling him he is hosed, without offering any type of solution or workaround, is simply not helpful at all.

Monday, June 28, 2010 9:25 PM
  • Hello All,

I am working on application which embeds  word 2007 in it by using  DSO Framer  & programming language is vb.net , visual studio 2008

My application perform following operation

1)allow user to create word document.

2)insert data(data table ) in document   as table word document.

3)Insert images, etc.

4)save data  inserted  in document.

Now I need to embed office 2010 to my application as I embed 2007.

Is it not possible to without rewrite complete application ?

I am looking  for  solution which will embed word 2010 without  rewriting  complete code.

Wednesday, June 30, 2010 9:08 AM
  • Is there any other choice for programmer who are already using DsoFramer in there application and need to embed word 2010?
    Wednesday, June 30, 2010 9:11 AM
  • An easy solution is to use the control from officeocx. It works with the word 2010. I am using it with the mail merge. The dsoframer can't do the mail merge. All buttons are grey in the dsoframer.
    Peter
    Sunday, July 11, 2010 2:32 PM
  • DSOFramer Control has been retired. DSOFramer was a sample and is not supported. There will be no further updates to DSOFramer and KB 311765 is been taken down.  Office was never meant to run in embedded mode. There are many known issues when Office is embedded.

Besides DsoFramer, you can also use the WebBrowser embedded in Winform or ASP.NET and navigate to an Office document. But that is also an embedded using which considered not supported and may cause some known issues.

Best regards,
    Ji Zhou - MSFT
    Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Tuesday, July 13, 2010 2:16 AM
  • The officeocx is a Thirdparty or it comes with Office?
    Thursday, July 22, 2010 3:14 PM
  • DSOFramer Control has been retired. DSOFramer was a sample and is not supported. There will be no further updates to DSOFramer and KB 311765 is been taken down.  Office was never meant to run in embedded mode. There are many known issues when Office is embedded.

Is there any link or documentation that can confirm this?
    Wednesday, June 01, 2011 8:52 PM
  • I think it is thirdparty tool.

Link given bellow may help you.

http://www.officeocx.com/

Best regards,
    Dipak Patil

Wednesday, November 09, 2011 10:33 AM