none
There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

Question

• Hi everyone,

I have a brand new ADFS SQL installation running on IIS 7.0 and I am getting the following error where getting redirected to formslogin.apsx:

500 - Internal server error.

There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

I have traced this with Fiddler and there are no errors.  The cert from Verisign and is trusted, if anyone has any insight on this please let me know!

Thanks!

• Edited by FIM_Admin Wednesday, June 27, 2012 9:51 PM sp error
    Wednesday, June 27, 2012 9:50 PM

Answers

• The solution was swtiching to localhost in the URL error and at that point it showed the techncial error which was a XML problem in ADFS web.config.  Thanks everyone for your help!
    • Marked as answer by FIM_Admin Friday, June 29, 2012 7:25 PM
    Friday, June 29, 2012 7:24 PM

All replies

• The default forms page is 'FormsSignIn.aspx'. Did you change the filename? If so, did you update it in the web.config under the <localAuthenticationTypes> section?

Developer Security MVP | www.syfuhs.net

Wednesday, June 27, 2012 10:03 PM
  • Sorry, I did leave it as 'FormsSignIn.aspx'.  I did disable integrated auth in web.config and restarted IIS.  Basically it is out of the box with the exception of disabling integrated auth.
    Wednesday, June 27, 2012 10:53 PM
  • You can display the exceptions - ADFS : Display exceptions

or turn on logging - Extending the error diagnostics of ADFS

Hopefully, that will give you some leads!

• Edited by nzpcmad1 Wednesday, June 27, 2012 11:31 PM sp
    Wednesday, June 27, 2012 11:31 PM
  • Just verifying, but you didn't change the filename or the path in the web.config but still were browsing to formslogin.aspx?

Otherwise take a look at @nzpcmad1's links for enabling logging.

Wednesday, June 27, 2012 11:43 PM
  • Thanks for the links I will check them out.  No filenames or paths were changed and I am just going to formslogin.aspx. 
    Thursday, June 28, 2012 12:39 AM
  • I think that's the problem then. Since you are trying to access a non-existent page ADFS is just display a generic error page instead of a 404 specific page.

Thursday, June 28, 2012 4:30 PM
  • The solution was swtiching to localhost in the URL error and at that point it showed the techncial error which was a XML problem in ADFS web.config.  Thanks everyone for your help!
    • Marked as answer by FIM_Admin Friday, June 29, 2012 7:25 PM
    Friday, June 29, 2012 7:24 PM