none
how to create a demo version in vb.net

Question

• how to create a demo version in vb.net setup or package .....
    i'm a vb.net developer but now i like to develop in asp.net can any one help by giving your sample source for me ....

thanks in advance

I'm a just developer,i've gather few lessons about Vb.net,I need So much......
    Thursday, September 04, 2008 1:43 PM

Answers

• Unless I've missed something along the way...there's not an "Easy" way of creating a Demo version.  Essentially, you have to code your application around a licensing scheme.  Where you check the licenses at load, etc.  Depending upon the value(s) received in the licensing, would depend upon how your application behaves.

So for example, if the licenses returned "DEMO" then certain functionality would be enabled/disabled in the application.

Again, unless I have missed something, this isn't a trivial undertaking.  Unfortunately, security seems to be an afterthought with a large percentage of developers (myself included too many times to mention).  This is always easier when it's originally included in the project designs.

Hope  this helps a little.
    Thursday, September 04, 2008 2:00 PM
  • Reminston said:

how to create a demo version in vb.net setup or package .....
    i'm a vb.net developer but now i like to develop in asp.net can any one help by giving your sample source for me ....

Hi Reminston,

Here is one source-opened example for you to check: About creating trial version of your application

Application Trial Maker
    http://www.codeproject.com/KB/cs/Trial_Maker.aspx

Best regards,
    Martin Xie

Wednesday, September 10, 2008 9:26 AM

All replies

• Unless I've missed something along the way...there's not an "Easy" way of creating a Demo version.  Essentially, you have to code your application around a licensing scheme.  Where you check the licenses at load, etc.  Depending upon the value(s) received in the licensing, would depend upon how your application behaves.

So for example, if the licenses returned "DEMO" then certain functionality would be enabled/disabled in the application.

Again, unless I have missed something, this isn't a trivial undertaking.  Unfortunately, security seems to be an afterthought with a large percentage of developers (myself included too many times to mention).  This is always easier when it's originally included in the project designs.

Hope  this helps a little.
    Thursday, September 04, 2008 2:00 PM
  • Reminston said:

how to create a demo version in vb.net setup or package .....

Hi Reminston,

Here is one source-opened example for you to check: About creating trial version of your application

Application Trial Maker
    http://www.codeproject.com/KB/cs/Trial_Maker.aspx

Best regards,
    Martin Xie

Wednesday, September 10, 2008 9:26 AM