none
Change Second Monitor Location

Question

• I have a second monitor that is placed to the left of my laptop.  Every time that I plug in the second monitor, I have to go to the Display Settings and drag the picture of the second monitor from the right side of the primary display to the left side of the primary display.

Does anyone know how I can programmatically do this so I don't have to go through the process every time.  I was able to figure out how to change the resolution of the second monitor using the code at http://www.codeproject.com/KB/cs/csdynamicscrres.aspx but I couldn't figure out how to tweak it to change the position of the monitor.

I know there are thrid party apps that have been created that handle multiple monitor settings like this, but this isn't something that I really want to spend money on...just would be more convenient.

Thanks

Nick
    Thursday, April 23, 2009 9:40 PM

Answers

• Have you tried to download the free software from your hardware vendor (laptop brand or video card), sometimes it is possible to configure from that software profiles that can be customised so that everytime that you turn on your computer uses one of them as default profile. In my case for example I have a hp laptop and I use a software named: "Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Mobile" ...
    • Proposed as answer by Harry Zhu Monday, April 27, 2009 8:15 AM
    • Marked as answer by Harry Zhu Tuesday, April 28, 2009 7:02 AM
    Thursday, April 23, 2009 9:57 PM