none
Voice Recording uisng C#

    Question

  •  

    Hi All,

     

    Can we record voice using C# and .net framework.If so please let me know.

     

    Regards

    Ravindra

    Wednesday, December 19, 2007 1:00 PM

Answers

  • APIs: SoundRecorder.exe for Vista (wma file format), sndrec32.exe for XP (wav file format). sndrec32 will also work in Vista.

    Wednesday, December 19, 2007 2:15 PM

All replies

  • APIs: SoundRecorder.exe for Vista (wma file format), sndrec32.exe for XP (wav file format). sndrec32 will also work in Vista.

    Wednesday, December 19, 2007 2:15 PM
  • Thnak you Alex

     

    Thursday, December 20, 2007 8:32 AM
  • You can also work with DirectX audio processing or MCI (media control interface) to record audio
    Programming Audio in Windows shows what's available

    Another post mentions a managed wrapper to the MCI/Waveform Audio Interface: here

    Documentation of the MCI API: Here
    Documentation of DirectX API: Here
    Thursday, December 20, 2007 5:38 PM
  •  IsshouFuuraibou wrote:
    You can also work with DirectX audio processing or MCI (media control interface) to record audio
    Programming Audio in Windows shows what's available

    Another post mentions a managed wrapper to the MCI/Waveform Audio Interface: here

    Documentation of the MCI API: Here
    Documentation of DirectX API: Here

     

    I was kind of hesitant to be facetious but you are sending him on a very long and nighmarish trip.

    Sunday, December 23, 2007 2:50 PM
  • I want to do it a web application rather than windows.I could do it in windows application.Could you please tell me how to do?

    Wednesday, December 26, 2007 10:15 AM
  •  Ravindra_nanna wrote:

    I want to do it a web application rather than windows.I could do it in windows application.Could you please tell me how to do?

     

    You will most likely do it in C++. Doing audio stuff is a very tough business. The previous poster (Eric, I think) gave you all the relevant links to get started.

    Wednesday, December 26, 2007 10:04 PM
  •  

    I have used MCi API.But the problem is i cannot save it to the desired location by the user.It is taking ony c drive.

    mciSendString("save recsound c:\\test.wav", "", 0, 0).

     

    I want the path to from save file dialog.

    Thursday, December 27, 2007 9:26 AM
  •  Ravindra_nanna wrote:

     

    I have used MCi API.But the problem is i cannot save it to the desired location by the user.It is taking ony c drive.

    mciSendString("save recsound c:\\test.wav", "", 0, 0).

     

    I want the path to from save file dialog.

     

    Is it a UAC Vista issue? What is the error message? Post full error information.

    Saturday, December 29, 2007 5:23 PM
  • Actually if it is being performed by a server, it's likely a problem under any system as you have to deal with the difference between server-side and client-side and the protections place on operations being performed client side.

    Also, could you show what your DllImport method stub is for the mciSendString, it may be possible that this may not be fully correct.


    Tuesday, January 01, 2008 8:45 AM
  • Hello Mr.Alex good day. I need to know how to use the API:Soundrecorder.exe in c#. Way to use it please reply me its an emergency. I have to submit my project please help me please.  And also i want to save it to SQL2005 server any code. Please help me out
    Teja
    Friday, December 04, 2009 2:04 PM
  • Hello Mr.Alex good day. I need to know how to use the API:Soundrecorder.exe in c#. Way to use it please reply me its an emergency. I have to submit my project please help me please.  And also i want to save it to SQL2005 server any code. Please help me out
    Teja

    SoudRecorder is MS API and MS does not provide source code for it. If your OS is Vista, go to Windows\system32\ directory and say:

    >dir sound*

    and you will get a list of 3 files that start with "sound." One of them is SoundRecorder.exe. Use it.
    AlexB
    Sunday, December 06, 2009 1:33 AM