none
Open GL and 64 bit Visual Studio 2010

Question

• What need i in order to works in OpenGL in 64 bit Visual Studio 2010 (Visual C++)?

Monday, September 27, 2010 5:20 PM

Answers

• %Program Files%\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\Include\gl

you will find gl.h and glu.h. I'm not sure about glut.h. Poking around the internet suggests this header may be old.

There is an OpenGL discussion forum that might be able to help you with this question.

Incidentally, this last question really has nothing to do with your first question. I suggest you close this thread by marking it as answered, and posting new questions in a new thread in the most appropriate forum.

• Marked as answer by rbator(1) Monday, September 27, 2010 10:57 PM
    Monday, September 27, 2010 10:21 PM

All replies

• You will need to make a new build profile, so copy you 32-bit one in the configuration and change the target CPU to x64 and see how many errors need to be fixed.

Vote if answered or helpful, I am running for Office (joke)! IT/Developer, Windows/Linux/Mainframe I also am a true vegan and I am very good with economics and I used to play chess at 2400++ I have lots of papers on my site for power supplies and video card problems, see the resources section
    Monday, September 27, 2010 5:26 PM
  • about what mistakes do You think ? have not 64 bit OpenGL library ?

Yours Sincerely

Rafał Bator

Monday, September 27, 2010 6:23 PM
  • I compiled Quake 2 for x64 but it took some tweaking as the code was so old.

The problem was mostly due to security issues that called for new methods.

Vote if answered or helpful, I am running for Office (joke)! IT/Developer, Windows/Linux/Mainframe I also am a true vegan and I am very good with economics and I used to play chess at 2400++ I have lots of papers on my site for power supplies and video card problems, see the resources section
    Monday, September 27, 2010 6:51 PM
  • about what mistakes do You think ?

I have no idea what you mean.

have not 64 bit OpenGL library ?

You never mentioned OpenGL in your post. However, the 64-bit OpenGL import library is included in the Windows SDK and is installed in %ProgramFiles%\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\<version>\Lib\x64\OpenGL32.lib. Don't let the "32" part fool you. It is a 64-bit DLL.

Monday, September 27, 2010 6:53 PM
  •  I need gl , glu ,glut where are there ?

Yours Sincerely

Rafał Bator

Monday, September 27, 2010 9:55 PM
  • %Program Files%\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\Include\gl

you will find gl.h and glu.h. I'm not sure about glut.h. Poking around the internet suggests this header may be old.

There is an OpenGL discussion forum that might be able to help you with this question.

Incidentally, this last question really has nothing to do with your first question. I suggest you close this thread by marking it as answered, and posting new questions in a new thread in the most appropriate forum.

• Marked as answer by rbator(1) Monday, September 27, 2010 10:57 PM
    Monday, September 27, 2010 10:21 PM