none
TFSBuild.proj and .dll

    Question

  • Hello,

    After my automation build , I want to deploy my build to IIS  but the .dll getting by the build is not completed,becausewhen i navigate to the URL getting by IIS ,  I have a message that  the assembly  dal can’t load the dal.factory. and dal is with .dll extension

    How can I get all the .dll in the true side using the TFSBuild.proj ??

    do you have an other solution ?
    Thank

    Houssam

    Thursday, February 18, 2010 4:50 PM

Answers


  • In fact the .dal.dll is a output of the solution and the problem was in the source getting after the auto build because I had a bin in the source with a list of inputs and I surprised that there are also outputs in the sources/bin So the problem was when I call the build the sources/bin crush and replace the outputs of the Binaries/bin so I just removed the .dll outputs exist in the sources/bin and I haven't any problems now :)


    Thank you Ruiz ( best forum with best moderators )


    Best regards

    • Marked as answer by houssam01 Monday, February 22, 2010 4:03 PM
    Monday, February 22, 2010 3:29 PM

All replies

  • Hi,

    Do you mean web application? How do you deploy your build to IIS?

    Commomly, we create a WebApplication project using VS, and then add a Web Deployment Project. If the dal.dll is not a output of the solution, add it to source control and refer to it using relative path. the structure is like

    $/team project
         /solution
               /webapplication
               /webdeploymentproject
               /Shared Assemblies

    Web Deployment Project will help you to deploy the web application to IIS. Make sure that you install it on both client and build machine
    Best regards,
    Ruiz

    Saturday, February 20, 2010 8:02 AM

  • In fact the .dal.dll is a output of the solution and the problem was in the source getting after the auto build because I had a bin in the source with a list of inputs and I surprised that there are also outputs in the sources/bin So the problem was when I call the build the sources/bin crush and replace the outputs of the Binaries/bin so I just removed the .dll outputs exist in the sources/bin and I haven't any problems now :)


    Thank you Ruiz ( best forum with best moderators )


    Best regards

    • Marked as answer by houssam01 Monday, February 22, 2010 4:03 PM
    Monday, February 22, 2010 3:29 PM