none
This Application can only run in the context of an app container

Question

• Win 8 Ultimate - Lenovo lap top

I am trying to kill the store task which might be WWAHOST.exe. At any rate "the store" takes over my laptop and I'd like to bring it under control for development. 

a.) How can I control it besides CNTRL+Shift+ESC?

b.) Can I eliminate it?

c.) Which image is it?

Renee

"MODERN PROGRAMMING is deficient in elementary ways BECAUSE of problems INTRODUCED by MODERN PROGRAMMING." Me

Thursday, June 27, 2013 2:51 PM

Answers

• "wwahost.exe has 4 known versions, the most recent one is 6.2.9200.16384 (win8_rtm.120725-1247). wwahost.exe is run as a standard windows process with the logged in user's account privileges. The average file size is about 368.25 KB. This is a .NET Common Language Runtime (CLR) assembly. During the process's lifecycle, the typical CPU resource utilization is less than 0.01%, the average private memory consumption is about 88.11 MB with the maximum memory reaching around 125.58 MB. Addionally, typically read and write I/O disk operations is about 67.71 KB per minute for reads and 19.58 KB per minute for writes."

Maybe this is what you are refering too? Perhaps in the store folder at the link there is an executable so you will know the name of Windows Store in task manager?

Or perhaps you can look in task scheduler and find out information on Windows Store?

I tried to look up how to turn on and off Windows Store programmatically but could not find anything.

You've taught me everything I know but not everything you know. _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ This search engine is for MSDN Library and has many features. http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Search/en-US?query=search%20msdn%20library&beta=0&ac=8

Thursday, June 27, 2013 4:45 PM