none
How to change the mouse pointer(Cursor)?

Question

• Hi,
    I Have one list box which contains Some text as items.
    If i select a item means mouse cursor changed to the selected text(like draging a item).
    Here how to change the cursor as text cursor(if i select a item "selected" means the mouse pointer should changed to "selected" with arrow or without arrow)?
    • Changed type Marco Zhou Tuesday, July 15, 2008 10:41 AM OP doesn't revert back
    • Changed type Anandakumar.R Tuesday, July 15, 2008 1:12 PM This is question post. sorry for the mistake
    • Changed type Anandakumar.R Tuesday, July 15, 2008 1:12 PM This is question post. sorry for the mistake
    Wednesday, July 09, 2008 10:39 AM

All replies

• You can change your cursor in the code behind.

this.Cursor = Cursors.Arrow; 

The cursors class provides you with the basic cursors that you would normally use.

Hope this helps

Wednesday, July 09, 2008 7:14 PM
  • Hi
    Thanks for reply.
    But my requirement is if i select a text means the cursor should changed to that text like when we dragging a file or folder means the folder icon also comes with mouse(But here i'm not selecting. it is like copy paste)
    Thursday, July 10, 2008 4:38 AM
  • -> if i select a text means the cursor should changed to that text

I am not particularly clear what you mean by this, what type of shape you want to the Cursor to be?

Thanks
    Friday, July 11, 2008 4:00 AM
  • We are changing the issue type to “Comment” because you have not followed up with the necessary information. If you have more time to look at the issue and provide more information, please feel free to change the issue type back to “Question” by clicking the "Options" link at the top of your post, and selecting "Change Type" menu item from the pop menu. If the issue is resolved, we will appreciate it if you can share the solution so that the answer can be found and used by other community members having similar questions.

Thank you!

Tuesday, July 15, 2008 10:41 AM
  • My cursor shape should change to that text.Wherever i move the mouse the text should follow( like if we change the cursor to hand means our mouse pointer changes to hand. )
    Tuesday, July 15, 2008 1:20 PM
  • Ok.

I think you're using the wrong approach.
    You should think about dragging the whole text, or a container with the text within, and set the mouse cursor to none.

Much, much easier and lighter. Otherwise you'd have to creat a mouse cursor out of the text.

Bigsby, Lisboa, Portugal
    Tuesday, July 15, 2008 3:16 PM
  • How to implement drag. give me a sample?
    Wednesday, July 16, 2008 9:07 AM