none
Visual Studio 2012 Ultimate Facebook Application Project Template

Question

• Hello,

I installed Visual Studio 2012 Ultimate on Windows 7 x64 but when I try to create a Facebook Application Project I get the following error:

• The system cannot find the file specified ( Expected from HResult: 0x80070002)

What can I do to fix this?

Best Regards

• The system cannot find the file specified ( Expected from HResult: 0x80070002)

What can I do to fix this?

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 6:59 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi tiagex,

Thanks for your post.

As far as I know, Ultimate version of VS2012 do not have such a template called: Facebook Application Project.

Have you installed any extension or additional files to obtain this template? Could you please share more details?

Regards,

Barry Wang
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 7:59 AM
  • Hi,

It cames by default..When you create a new ASP.NET MVC 4 project you click next and go to the project template window where you can select Facebook Application among others (Empty, Internet Application, Intranet Application, Mobile Application, Web API,etc). 

Please see the link for printscreen: http://imagebin.org/250973

Regards

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 12:02 PM
  • Hi tiagex,

Sorry for my mistake and late follow up.

Please try reinstall your templates:

1. Please open Windows Explorer, and navigate to  <Visual Studio Installation Path>\Common7\IDE (by default is C:\Program Files \Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\Common7\IDE);
    2. Delete the ItemTemplatesCache, ProjectTemplatesCache folder;
    3. Open VS2012 Command Prompt under Start menu -> All Programs -> Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 -> Visual Studio Tools (run it with Administrator privilege: right-click the program -> Run as administrator);
    4. Run the devenv /InstallVSTemplates switch;
    5. Run the devenv /Setup switch

Regards,

Barry Wang
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 6:47 AM
  • Hi tiagex,

Have you reset or reinstall your project templates?

Does my solution works for you?

I'm doing a follow up here.

Regards,

Barry Wang

Thursday, March 28, 2013 6:41 AM
  • Hi, 

I have just installed Visual Studio 2012 Ultimate again, but your solution didn't work. I still have the same problem.

Regards,

Tiago

Thursday, March 28, 2013 3:06 PM
  • Hi Tiago,

I'm sorry you still have this problem.

I searched on my VS2012 Ultimate and didn't find that project type on my ASP.NET MVC 4 project list:

Then I refer to this page http://blogs.msdn.com/b/webdev/archive/2012/12/13/the-new-facebook-application-template-and-library-for-asp.net-mvc.aspx

Sounds like you should install  ASP.NET and Web Tools 2012.2 in order to have that template. If so, the issue is out of scope of this forum.

Please reopen a new case on this forum:

http://forums.asp.net/17.aspx/1?Installation+and+Setup

Regards,

Barry Wang

Friday, March 29, 2013 8:03 AM